Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilwoos Big Brake Kit DC5 - Opinions, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevan View Post
    yes, i have been advised by people who have used the dbas that they have warped on them whereas the dixcels have not, and same with the pads freinds have sworn by them.
    so u would run HS rotors front and rear? same with the mx72?..they cost so much more tho
    Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
    Flickr
    my car blog - Have a read
    my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
      so u would run HS rotors front and rear? same with the mx72?..they cost so much more tho
      nah just dixcels on the front and the endless on the front, rotors are like 450 and pads about 280 so its not that bad. not worrying too much about the rear as they only take a small proportion of the load compared to the fronts

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
        nah just dixcels on the front and the endless on the front, rotors are like 450 and pads about 280 so its not that bad. not worrying too much about the rear as they only take a small proportion of the load compared to the fronts

hmm fair enough..let me know if/when ur getting it..might do the same as u..except for the rear.. run ds2500/dba to maintain the brake bias.
        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
        Flickr
        my car blog - Have a read
        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Just out of curiousity...and lack of knowledge..what does brake bias mean?..if you guys are talking about pressure i thought its all equal as its all coming from one master cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Just out of curiousity...and lack of knowledge..what does brake bias mean?..if you guys are talking about pressure i thought its all equal as its all coming from one master cylinder.
            brake bias is the difference in braking performance between the front and the rear.

a BBK can affect this by applying more braking pressure to the front wheels. This can result in more weight transfer to the front.
            Last edited by Didz; 19-09-10, 09:40 AM.
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

yup thats right! , Thats the only thing stopping me from buying this kit, One thing i also like about thewWIlwood bbk, is u can easiyl remove the pads with one pin and put ina more aggressive pad for the track ;pp
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

what are you looking to benefit from the Wilwood BBK?

I have 6 pot Wilwoods...running the BP10 street pad...

Comment

more abng for buck - as in, Im planning to upgrade to Slotted dba rotors, more aggresive pads, and Spoon calipers, braided brake lines and look at the Wilwood kit, it has all this for a very cheap price. I also liek how the wilwood caliper u cna change pads so easily!!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

well theres no bang for buck offered with a new caliper.

the dc5r does fine with a decent pad.

with the wilwood what you are going to get is a less sensitive pedal, its not going to be as grabby, but when you get on them they are going to bite.

changing pads is a breeze yes.

i bought my set through www.tceperformanceproducts.com. Todd there is a gun. LMK if you order i need new pads.

FWIW, the dynalite caliper that comes with the kit you are after looks crap.

the Dyna Pro Six, is a six piston, fully rebuildable (i had to once, replaced two pistons and rebuilt all seals for less then $100 in parts) and it is directly compatible with the Dynalite kit.

Comment

Like I said, 870 + postage is alot cheaper than getting dba slotted rotors (400) + spoon calipers (2000) + braided brake lins - $250 - pads ($x)
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        Like I said, 870 + postage is alot cheaper than getting dba slotted rotors (400) + spoon calipers (2000) + braided brake lins - $250 - pads ($x)
                        bang for buck implies you'll get added performance benefit...upgrading caliper on the DC5R generally yields this minimally.

Comment

No, im comparing it to the costs of doing it all separately like dba-> goodridge>spoon >ferodo pads... atm, im just going to get braided lines, put in my feroro's, and use good brake fluid.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

just get the spoon together haha

Comment

Gonna hold off on ths upgrade for another 8-12 months.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X