Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilwoos Big Brake Kit DC5 - Opinions, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilwoos Big Brake Kit DC5 - Opinions, thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-B...item588411e4cd

Due to the super strong AUD dollar. Defiantely considering these.

Want to knwo more about these, I know the drilled rotors loose some strength etc, but these are Wilwood right?

ALso, what type of pads can I use for this BBK?

Cheers!

EDIT:\

Also wanted to know if the ABS is conmpatible when goign to BBK?
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 15-09-10, 08:14 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Im looking at these as well.
    But also looking at Project Mu brakes..
    there are a few write ups on clubRSX with the BBK willwood kit.

Comment

i havnt heard anythign bad about WIlwood... but i been told the diamateof rotors changes ALOT.
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

ABS is an unknown quantity, the system relies on bleeding off pressure in the brake system when it detects a wheel lockup. If the pressure bled off doesn't result in the change in braking force that the system anticipates then the performance of the system could be less than ideal. So the braking force with the ABS engaging could be worse than stock. The system should still work to some degree though even if your braking setup is a big departure from the OEM system.

Investigate pad options before committing to the Wilwood caliper, you may find that pad choices are limited to Wilwood's own offerings and some other US manufacturers. I wouldn't choose to limit my pad options in that way.

Comment

Thansk Tom,

Yeah you can use a vareuity of pads even Ferodo 2500
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

i've got dc5r jdm brembo's + upgraded bigger rotors + pads for sale in a day or two.
            $1200 if your interested pm me

Comment

No thanks Sam. Got clearance up front, but not enough to clear an extra 15mm lol. Really dont want to run more than 4.7 degree camber. I alreayd worn my front tires after 8000 klm.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

there are diff models, a dyna-lite and something else, alot off ppl use wilwood in uk and u.s, plenty of pad choice these days not as much before, but if u can get it for good price including shipping dont think u will have anything bad to say abt the wilwoods, just try find out what model it is before committing and do bit more research. i was gonna put wilwoods on my ek9 but shipping was too much, but just went for spoon clappers..goodluck
                Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
                EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
                Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

Cheers mate,

Did some mroe research onthe Wilwood's, the Dynalit series i can get. Did some research, and it doesn't affect teh ABS at all, nor does it affect the Brake Bias. You do have to run stainless steel lines with this kit, as the oem rubber hoses dont adapt, but thats ok i will be running SS lines anmyways...... if there is a change in brake bias, u cna get the Wilwood brake proportioning valve anyways.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

looks good for the money let me know what there like if you buy them

Comment

would endless mx72's fit on the wilwood caliper?? i was considering getting dixcel rotors and endless mx72 pads with ss lines as an alternative to changing the whole kit as ive been told this makes a nite and day change over the stock setup anyway, anyone comment on this?

Comment

I investigated these a few years ago for the dc5. I decided that the rice from having a BBK is not worth it to me. A decent pad choice on the stock caliper suffices for me. The only "BBK" i would consider would be the spoon 4 pot.

A good front pad, like ds2500, HC+, level max 500 or 700, with the right fluid and braided lines, will do just as good a job as these BBK kits in my opinion.
                        Until you drastically upgrade the cars performance overall and use it for serious track work of course.
                        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                          would endless mx72's fit on the wilwood caliper?? i was considering getting dixcel rotors and endless mx72 pads with ss lines as an alternative to changing the whole kit as ive been told this makes a nite and day change over the stock setup anyway, anyone comment on this?
                          any reason u would choose this over the typical ds2500/dba combo? price? performance?
                          Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                          Flickr
                          my car blog - Have a read
                          my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
                            any reason u would choose this over the typical ds2500/dba combo? price? performance?
                            yes, i have been advised by people who have used the dbas that they have warped on them whereas the dixcels have not, and same with the pads freinds have sworn by them.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                              I investigated these a few years ago for the dc5. I decided that the rice from having a BBK is not worth it to me. A decent pad choice on the stock caliper suffices for me. The only "BBK" i would consider would be the spoon 4 pot.

A good front pad, like ds2500, HC+, level max 500 or 700, with the right fluid and braided lines, will do just as good a job as these BBK kits in my opinion.
                              Until you drastically upgrade the cars performance overall and use it for serious track work of course.
                              i agree..alhtough i did get spoon calipers:P...remember not all calipers are monoblock (stronger)..so chk 1st...if u choose a more common kit ie brembo/endless/AP racing brake pad choices from japan are bigger as well...but u would get the most variety with the spoon set up since it fits oem size pads..but it isnt a BBK since rotor size is the same.
                              Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                              Flickr
                              my car blog - Have a read
                              my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Working...
                              X