• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
    sadly no, FD2R was discontinued last year
    so there's no more type-r at all...
    no not yet. this September.

you can still buy a brand new FD2R but better be quick. a month and a half left.

Originally posted by m0nty View Post

BTW, you should get one.
    not interested in the R. i prefer the GTI and chip it but V and VI are too close so i might wait for VII.

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
    lol

2008 Honda Accord Euro - Wheels’ Car of the Year

seriously man. You and monty look like n00bs dissing honda and making VW seem so great

yeah i love honda's so what? im on a honda forum im going to back them up if you don't like it gtfo then

it's like you guys dont like your purchase with a honda, if you dont like it sell and get a damn gti like what monty done (not buy one sell his dc5)

just dont hover around here and try to force it into our mouths that honda's suck and gti's rule
    you know it pains me to see Honda at its current state. you might think i'm dissing Honda but i'm not alone here. be more objective with your views. you can love your Honda and love other brands (like I do). loving Honda doesn't mean you are blinded and suck up to it even when its losing its way.

i love my Honda but what Honda can i buy when i want to replace my R? CRZ? no thanks.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 13-08-10, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Even Toyota build more exciting cars than Honda now.
      it's funny how Toyota tries hard to be the old Honda while Honda is trying to be the old Toyota.....

Comment

is this not the rumoured ae86 sprinter replacement? looks nice

Comment

That it is. The production model is rumored to look very similar.

Comment

pray for a 2L turbo-ed upgrade model!

Comment

Honda has had a long history of prolonging the life its designs,eg dc2 body shape 1987/88? all the way to 2001,dc5 had a good life before its end, s2000 again a solid effort. I turboed my honda (NOT FOR EMISSIONS) as i belived it needed more low and mid range. I did not look for other cars as i love the quality and handling profomance of Honda's. I work on cars each day and find euro quality quite poor compared to jap cars,most cars i see are 5+ years old. Honda dose have to step it up in tech stakes! I would love to see a direct injection 4wd turbo civic! High tech,euro6 and hell FUN!

Comment

Megane RS > Focus RS > Clio Cup F1 > Golf GTI > DC2/DC5 Type R
                According to EVO Magazine issue 135. "The 100 greatest drivers cars"

Renault Sport Megane R26 (no.5) > DC2R (no.22) > Ford Focus RS mk2 (no.39) > Renaultsport Clio 200 cup (no.61)> Golf GTI mk V(doesn't get a mention unfortunately) . BUT the Golf GTI mk 1 & 2 is no.89.

So based on a u.k magazine the DC2R is doing fine for a 10 year old car. But i would admit that the Megane is taking the race theme a bit too far. Mad but cool.
                Last edited by Criz R; 13-08-10, 09:02 PM.
                WSID-17/10/2007 - 14.074

Comment

thats cause the gti is a 'everybodys' car
                  not a 'drivers car'
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

every1 has too look at other cars.. honda has had its day! They are now making cars for the everyday.. accord euros are everywhere!

I love my honda's, coming from a honda family but i will not buy another honda unless i can get a mint conditioned dc2R to put in the garage and enjoy it on an occasion!

Next performance car i get after my type s(if i can sell it) will be an evo 9 or 10.. ive had a highly modified 98 wrx and now i wanna try what mitsubishi has to offer!

look to the future guys honda aint making shit for us
                    FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

another thing we must realise is that the age of the sports car is coming to an end, sustainability and efficiency is becoming far more prominent in manufacturers long term goals and sports cars arent yeilding the sales to make them viable, Honda have experienced this and hence dropped the new NSX. Its hard to say that i dont expect to see anything that demanded cult status as in the TYPE-R series from Honda in the near future as the invest more heavily in small cars and hybrids

Comment

yeah thats all well and good but one thing i think honda have neglected to consider as they've discontinued there performance models(prelude,integra,nsx,s2000) over the years is the filtering down of sales that a 'hero' car produces

not every p-plater can afford or is alowed to buy an evo,ss,xr8,wrx,gti,type-r, so in turn they might buy a base model and tart it up, with the hope of one day getting in to there very own 'hero' car. this helps breed brand loyalty, and as we have all said, with honda not having any hero cars (even though most manufacturers still do) what is there to attract new and young buyers to the brand???
                        a big fat FCK-ALL
                        this has been in the wind for years and it is truelly to see a once great badge loose its way and seem to forget what made it so great in the first place,

as a wise man once said

'IF HONDA DOES NOT RACE, THEN THERE IS NO HONDA'
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

could not agree with you more mate, the reason why people become so Honda crazed is the aspiration to one day own a piece of its racing pedigree, ANd even if you cant afford it theres an alternative that will still give you a good thrill. I think Honda made a big mistake discountinuing their race models and will probably experience big market share losses to the likes of Toyota and other such manufacturers in the coming years.

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                            yeah thats all well and good but one thing i think honda have neglected to consider as they've discontinued there performance models(prelude,integra,nsx,s2000) over the years is the filtering down of sales that a 'hero' car produces

not every p-plater can afford or is alowed to buy an evo,ss,xr8,wrx,gti,type-r, so in turn they might buy a base model and tart it up, with the hope of one day getting in to there very own 'hero' car. this helps breed brand loyalty, and as we have all said, with honda not having any hero cars (even though most manufacturers still do) what is there to attract new and young buyers to the brand???
                            a big fat FCK-ALL
                            this has been in the wind for years and it is truelly to see a once great badge loose its way and seem to forget what made it so great in the first place,

as a wise man once said

'IF HONDA DOES NOT RACE, THEN THERE IS NO HONDA'
                            ^Absolutely true mate, well said.

In 2007 I was looking to replace the DC5R with something new and so I test drove a S2k. So disappointed with the lack of progress of that fine model. It was great in 1999 as it wiped the floor of boxsters and z3s but the Germans weren't sitting still; boxster s and well sorted z3 with that sweet 6 from m division upped the ante. Then came along new mx5s beautifully balanced chassis and z4 with 987 boxster S. What did Honda do? They changed the wheels, indicator lights and bumpers. Basically a big fat zero in terms of progress.

They let the s2k die a slow and indignified death, putting on a 'refresh' which was akin to listening to new releases from tupac!

I waited but nothing was available, so I went and bought that awesome v6 in the vw r32. Now, Honda lost a customer to another brand which is bad news; now that I've had a taste of euro I've been sucked in to that market. If I wanted to buy a family sedan it would more likely be a European than a Honda. That's why hero cars matter!

But I did give Honda some time; 3 years. But once I heard NSX's successor was forever canned, the quarter mil burnin a hole in my pocket went euro - Porsche; NSX's original sparring partner and adversary.

People who know me personally know how much of a Honda fan I am, but it only goes so far... It's not like I'm not loyal to my fave auto brand; more like they just abandoned customers like me. They have abandoned the Honda fans like us so they're have only themselves to blame for their shitty post GFC results. So honda, Make something new and give me a call when ur ready, I might still have some love left for u.

Comment

Working...
                            X