CTR (Europe) dead end of 2010, no Euro V compliance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTR (Europe) dead end of 2010, no Euro V compliance

It looks like the CTR (the one that Australia gets) doesn’t meet the latest Euro emissions regs (Euro V) and they are going to kill it off.
    http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/25...vic_typer.html

Will they replace it with a turbo engine to match seemingly everyone else or will they go their own way and try and get a new high revving engine to match the regulations?

What can we expect out here in Aus (I’m guessing whatever England produces)?
    Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

I'm sure Honda would come up with a new system to match the N.O regulations, with out resulting to turbo. Even if that means hybrid type R's

Im sick of how everyone (even car review sites) claiming turbo's are the way to go.
    Blaze Orange

Comment

They simply are though. They get better fuel economy, better torque and lower emissions. I can't think of a single reason why N/A is better for everyday applications. VW has won Car Of The Year in the World Car Awards 2 years running. Their TSI engines have won Engine Of The Year awards every year for the past 5 years. All engines were turbocharged.

Comment

Would you prefer Hybrid over Turbo?

Comment

Time to try the CR-Z jokings ummm turbo engine for a honda that will be interesting to see.
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

I think their reluctance to move to forced induction is part of the reason their sales have dropped over the past few years. They just don't have that driving edge they used to have.

I think of how cars like the Jetta, GTI and Polo drive and then look at the Euro, Civic and Jazz and see huge differences in performance. The Hondas just feel so slow and need to be worked hard to get up and go. The Euro really has aged badly when compared to the Jetta and Mondeo driveability.

Comment

If they made the civic's turbo will be good just like how they did with the honda cities they were the weapons back in the days.
              ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

new technology turbos = winwinwin
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  new technology turbos = winwinwin
                  But Honda can nevar looose????

I swear the only nay sayers are Honda fanboys that haven't driven these cars.

Pez, did you ever drive a Charade Turbo? A mate of mine wound up boost on the stock turbo to 16psi and it would axle tramp 4th gear. We stripped everything bar the driver seat out of it and it was an absolute belter.

Comment

varible vane turbos and all that shit + VVTi = ftw!
                    ... retired/

Comment

Read signature :-P

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by justinfox
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                        Read signature :-P
                        Read my last post.

Megane RS > Focus RS > Clio Cup F1 > Golf GTI > DC2/DC5 Type R

Even I'll admit that as a Honda owner. Our cars are just plain old in comparison now dude. That's life.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                          Read my last post.

Megane RS > Focus RS > Clio Cup F1 > Golf GTI > DC2/DC5 Type R

Even I'll admit that as a Honda owner. Our cars are just plain old in comparison now dude. That's life.
                          isn't Clio Cup F1 NA?

Comment

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
                            isn't Clio Cup F1 NA?
                            Yep. I just wanted to prove that Honda don't build the greatest FWD cars anymore. There's far more competition from European manufacturers now. After all, they invented the hot hatch.

Comment

FD2R?? gotta be classed as a 'great' fwd car
                              and while all the cars you mention monty are great bum dragers and the vw range have award winning engines, all those cars, especially the golf are just plain borring to look at and/or butt ugly
                              the current golf already looks dull and dated, hows it gunna look in 10 years time?
                              while i'm not a turbo hater, i just find boosted and torque full cars less rewarding and fun to drive, i guess this is part of what makes me a honda fanboy
                              its a shame emmision laws may send the k20 the way of the sr20
                              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
                              X