No announcement yet.

Short Shifter and Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t bother with a short shifter in an itr, in most cases short shifter makes the gear changing stiffer and less smooth, when you miss shift gears you are running a higher chance of destroying your gearbox.

Comment

seeing as this is already a thread about springs, can someone recommending some springs that'll lower a DC2R an inch or so without compromising the handling?
      and a price would be great
      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010

Comment

Spoon or KG/MM DR21 springs.

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
          i dont see the need for a short shifter in the dc2r as the throw is very direct and short anyway, so no advice there..
          in terms of suspension: stock is best. i had spoon prog.rate springs which lowered the height ~20-25mm, firmed up the car with even less body roll and sharper response and turn in. but then i got coilovers.
          have a long hard think about what you want from your car before playing with the suspension. honestly the stock suspension is a VERY good compromise for great handling and reasonable comfort. its quite easy to make it worse!

Really what coilovers do you have?

The standard DC2 sussy is great. But I must say, I love my suspention atm. Buddy club Racing spec dampers. But to be honest... if you have $2k to spend go for Buddy Club N+. They aren't too harsh at all... adjustable dampers, and ride height. Leave the sway bars... but if you want, i'd go for cusco (mainly because i'm a brand whore). Ever thought for a rollcage, better ridgitiy/handling and bumpiness doesn't change! LOL.

Originally posted by ChargeR
          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Working...
          X