No announcement yet.

DC5R Starter motor replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im down aswel if there is going to be a group buy. JDMyard are selling 2nd hand starter motors for $350. By the looks of things oemacuraparts is a much better deal

Comment

Yeah i'm keen on group buy.

Comment

+! How's the labour on it though?

Comment

labour is tedious... the starter is located below the IM and the conventional way to do it is to remove the IM and all the crap connected to it, need to replace the gasket as well when u put it back.

ive read about some people on CRSX doing it from under the car WITHOUT removing the IM. HOWEVER you are working with limited amount of space and lack of vision which pretty much makes it pretty gay as well. If u guys like the links to those threads i can post it up
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Honda told me it'd basically be a disaster process to remove it..... im like that still doesn't justify me paying 500-600 in labour LOL....

Comment

so u paid them 500-600 in labour to get yours replaced?
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

?? LOL U CRAZY.... FUCK NO...
                Im waiting for my starter to break so my warranty will pay for the part and labour... boo yeah lol...
                having my auto elec come around tomorrow to confirm everything and give me a rough idea on how long she has left..

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  ?? LOL U CRAZY.... FUCK NO...
                  Im waiting for my starter to break so my warranty will pay for the part and labour... boo yeah lol...
                  having my auto elec come around tomorrow to confirm everything and give me a rough idea on how long she has left..
                  wanna hope it breaks b4 your warrenty runs out.

Comment

If it crunches/grinds when starting, it's the gear(drive pinion)in the starter and flywheel not meshing together. Cause is worn flywheel, worn drive, both flywheel and drive worn or miss aligned starter.
                    If it chrunches/grinds after key is released from starting position, the drive is stuck to the flywheel.cause chanfer (angle cut on drive) has burrs,ignition switch faulty,starter solinoid faulty,[B]CLUTCH DUST[B]slows drive returnig to rest position.
                    Fix cleaning and lubriacting is possible to fix clutch dust fault with starter removed. Recutting drive angle is also possible. all other needs rebuilding or replacing.

Comment

have no idea what u just said ahahahah >.>
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadbeau View Post
                        wanna hope it breaks b4 your warrenty runs out.
                        2 years to go

Comment

"some people may not want to lose their core charge, so, if we send these internationally, are they going to pay $40 to send back the old starter for their $50 core credit?"

thats all i got...
                          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Going to send my car to my auto elec in the next month or so... well when i can....

Comment

I've sourced a 2nd hand starter motor from a wreaked DC5S. Wreckers are asking *edit $200. Not bad?

If I end up buying this, I will update you guys with the outcome.
                              Last edited by [Type_S]; 15-07-10, 03:10 PM.

Comment

yea, ive been advised to try local wreckers as well. so guys, definitely give it a try as u might be able to pick up a bargain.
                                bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Working...
                                X