X-Force Header Vs TODA Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Force Header Vs TODA Header

I've just changed my header for my DC5 Type S from an X-Force header to a Toda header and here's what I felt the differences are straight after the switch over:

Toda:
    • More torque at mid and high rpm.
    • No exhaust popping sound when down shift at high rpm, don't know why there's no more 'pop' at the exhaust after the switch over, I had metal cat for both headers.

X-Force:
    • More free revving, especially in the high rpm, this is probably due to its slightly larger diameter pipes.
    • Exhaust 'popping' sound when down shift at higher rpm, sounds awesome!

Conclusion:
    Toda is definite a better header, no doubt, I mean if you pay $1.7k for a header which is more than twice the cost of the X-Force, $800, of course you expect something Great!

I reckon the X-Force header is pretty good for its value though. With a Hondata KPro or similar devices to allow a retune of the engine management system, the X-Force can produce very well improved power output. I'm not sure if anyone tried tuning with this header but I believe it does have potential.

In general, the X-Force header is good for its value and the Toda is a great header. The tales of Toda headers are true. I wish I have Dyno sheets but didn't manage to dyno the car before the switch over, oh well.

it would of been a good comparison before and after to see the diff.
    but im sure you can fell the diff

Comment

Not sure how true this is, but pretty sure i've heard more than once that the X-Force header is a backward step in terms of peak power compared to stock?

Comment

Maybe to compare me and Uc should race. I just realised he has Xforce and I have TODA headers.

More on topic, I had XForce headers on my old car and found them to be pretty good for the price I paid for them.

The popping sound made is generally due to the richness of the car I believe but I'm not sure why the header makes the difference.

Comment

i got toda header, and i have a backfire whenever i change gears... LOVE IT!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
            Maybe to compare me and Uc should race
            kids these days!
            - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
              kids these days!
              i know right.

just get toda and be done with it.

all this talk of racing.....

hahahahhaha

Comment

i say its the placebo affect.
                Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                  Not sure how true this is, but pretty sure i've heard more than once that the X-Force header is a backward step in terms of peak power compared to stock?
                  but i assume, just because its a loss of peak power does not mean its not a better header than stock. like he said, its alot more free flowing and u get faster and better throttle response no?

top end peak power does not come into play unless you are gunning it in a straight line.
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
                    kids these days!
                    Obviously on the track. *hint hint* (Uc and Rudi come to track)

Comment

so what's better to buy between JDM DC5R header or the xforce header?? Better gain??

Comment

I've not tried JDM header so cannot advice but I reckon xforce header's not too bad hey. I think the slightly larger diameter piping makes it more free flowing but slight loss in mid rpm torque. If proper tuning is done I reckon the xforce header can gain some nice output.

Would be great if someone has done this and share their experience here.

Comment

gotta love xforce ...

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                            gotta love xforce ...
                            gotta love toda :P lollll

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
                              i know right.

just get toda and be done with it.

all this talk of racing.....

hahahahhaha
                              LOOL, like you can talk..biggest hoon out!! saw you race a silver 5r just before..ha!!

Comment

Working...
                              X