X-Force Header Vs TODA Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevan View Post
    go to the thread on clubrsx, the op posts up a dyno comparison of his typeS with cai comparing the buddyclub header and kiddracing header. shows a nice gain over the buddyclub piece

cause im nice

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=661225&page=9

posts 221 and 239 will show you the comparison
    thanking you,

cause im lazy
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

go to the thread on clubrsx, the op posts up a dyno comparison of his typeS with cai comparing the buddyclub header and kiddracing header. shows a nice gain over the buddyclub piece

cause im nice

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=661225&page=9

posts 221 and 239 will show you the comparison
      ok so what i'm getting is that 'vteckidd', the guy doing the back to back, is also the guy who makes the kiddracing header? now thats an impartial test

once again i'm not doubting its a good value for money header,almost half the price of the bcrh but whats the guy gunna post up? would he post up the charts if it made a 6whp loss??
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
        ok so what i'm getting is that 'vteckidd', the guy doing the back to back, is also the guy who makes the kiddracing header? now thats an impartial test

once again i'm not doubting its a good value for money header,almost half the price of the bcrh but whats the guy gunna post up? would he post up the charts if it made a 6whp loss??
        no he doesnt make them, he sells them haha. this header has been dynoed many times but thats the first one i found in the thread. if you have heard of SSR they make some of the best headers in the world for the dc5 and this header is a straight copy of it for less than half the price. many guys have gone from the buddyclub header to the kiddracing header and have been happy with the results, many also because their buddyclub counterparts have had repetitive welds cracking.

Comment

do you need to change the front sway bar to fit kiddracing header?

Comment

no, straight bolt on with stock sway bar, plenty of clearance though u will need esmm inserts or aftermarket engine mounts.

Comment

which makes me wonder, if it clears stock then it should clear aftermarket/ep3/jdm dc5 sways correct?

and judging from your exhaust id assume its a direct fit to jdm exhausts yea?
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
                which makes me wonder, if it clears stock then it should clear aftermarket/ep3/jdm dc5 sways correct?

and judging from your exhaust id assume its a direct fit to jdm exhausts yea?
                i would assume that it would definately fit aftermarket sway bars because it fits the smaller clearance of the oem bar. my b-pipe on the powergetter actually sits higher than it did with the stock exhaust on which is good, heres a pic of how it sits...

this is before i installed it, had a hi flow cat welded inbetween the test pipe.

Comment

ah i see, so it sits higher, thats different to alot of the things ive read.

anyways, another few questions, read alot about bolt issues and gasket issues on the site.

just wondering if u had any issues with those or did u just took it to an exhaust shop and let them work the magic for you.
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

no, straight bolt on with stock sway bar, plenty of clearance though u will need esmm inserts or aftermarket engine mounts.
                    why is it that you need esmm inserts? it still touches the sway bar sometimes?
                    also, have you dynoed you car with the header + powergetter (and intake?)

Comment

no he doesnt make them, he sells them haha. this header has been dynoed many times but thats the first one i found in the thread. if you have heard of SSR they make some of the best headers in the world for the dc5 and this header is a straight copy of it for less than half the price. many guys have gone from the buddyclub header to the kiddracing header and have been happy with the results, many also because their buddyclub counterparts have had repetitive welds cracking.
                      well the kiddracing headers beening sold on ebay claim that there 'the original kiddracing header that vteckidd makes'

Comment

they are just his distributors. his own website sits at www.kiddracing.com and you can order a set directly from him if you wish. Otherwise the ones on ebay are just the same.

and by "original" i assume they wanted to tell people that they are distributors rather than rip offs of kiddracings product. funny aint it, copies of a copy of the real deal.
                        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
                          well the kiddracing headers beening sold on ebay claim that there 'the original kiddracing header that vteckidd makes'
                          those sellers are distributors for Vteckidd and most probably dont understand the wholesale process, if you read through any of the thread (which i linked you too) the admin for clubrsx expressely states that the header is made overseas and wholesaled to licensed distributors which included CLUBRSX. the reason why clubrsx has stopped selling them is becasue Vteckidd undercut CLUBRSX and began selling them under the contracted minimum. which is why i got mine for so cheap
                          hope this clears up any confussion
                          Last edited by stevan; 16-05-10, 09:25 PM.

Comment

ah i see, so it sits higher, thats different to alot of the things ive read.

anyways, another few questions, read alot about bolt issues and gasket issues on the site.

just wondering if u had any issues with those or did u just took it to an exhaust shop and let them work the magic for you.
                            it does sit lower overall compared to stock but the powergetter sits higher than the oem exhaust. this can easily be rectified WHEN you get the cat welded between the test pipe lol.

as may people would know by reading threads on clubrsx, a majority of those members are young kids who are not mechanically inclined to undertake diy installs and very quick to post complaints when it doesnt work out. i put together the header with fellow member George (forum name Nepolian) in 10mins and everything fit together perfectly, no o2 extensions required and supplied donut gasket was used. George suggested this header to me when i was in the market for one as he has had good feedback from at least 6 other guys he has instaled them for.

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                            why is it that you need esmm inserts? it still touches the sway bar sometimes?
                            also, have you dynoed you car with the header + powergetter (and intake?)
                            esmm inserts or aftermarket mounts are required to prevent the header from sustaining fatigue fractures from engine movement, u should have them with any aftermarket header. it also prevents the header from knocking on the sway bar.
                            ive had the car dynoed once with just a cai (GruppeM) and dynoed 119.9kw atw, id assume the current setup to be around 130kw atw, waiting on a mate to get another toda dyno day organised
                            Last edited by stevan; 17-05-10, 02:11 AM.

Comment

mmm thanks for clearing up those questions. im pretty convinced in getting a set in the near future but they are like 500$ delivered from ebay at the moment. where did you get your set from?
                              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

mmm thanks for clearing up those questions. im pretty convinced in getting a set in the near future but they are like 500$ delivered from ebay at the moment. where did you get your set from?
                                i bought it directly off Vteckidd, over the christmas he had a special for $370
                                i pmed him on clubrsx and he gave me paypal details, got it like 3 weeks later
                                seems they have gotton a little more expensive on ebay, perhaps he will give u a better price?
                                or you could buy it for $950 off shift haha

Comment

Working...
                                X