oil catch can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil catch can

i am looking at getting a vision oil catch can for dc2r. anyone here have experience with these? suggestions? are they easy to install? is cusco or greddy better? (i hear theyre a bit smaller than the vision?)..where do they plug in?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

I have a $30 one from eBay and it works just as well as those mega expensive ones.

Do a search (or wait for Tanghy) on honda-tech.com on oil catch can, and look for an image that someone hand wrote on a paper towel with instructions on how the catch can should be connected.
    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

show us pics of the vision one. i wish i knew about the greddy one before i bought mine. it's looks hot and its cheap too.
      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

it depends on whatever floats your boat .. i dont think there is a big diff .. its there just to catch oil ..
        it doesnt serve any huge purpose..

i've seen people use coke bottles effectively.. =)
        Farewell TYP88R

Comment

anyone have a picture of a greddy or vision one installed?
          "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by tofuR View Post
            i've seen people use coke bottles effectively.. =)
            I prefer to use Powerade bottles lol

Comment

Too bad that crsx was pruned we already had an extensive discussion on oil catch tanks

Comment

I no longer use a catch can, go figure if this is such a crucial or useful mod. Just get a crankcase vent filter, even that's almost pointless.

Comment

I believe Catch cans help alot for track.

It caught a fair bit of dirty oil in the can from going back into the engine (combustion chambers?)

I do know some people have hooked up the oil cans incorrectly.

They hook it to the rocker cover and intake pipe which is incorrect.

Hmm, need to find that diagram.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                  Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Either I don't track my cars hard enough or your engines need a rehaul/build. Excessive blowout from a non modified block causing the above are symptom signs of an engine age or problems even.

If you have a modified block with upgraded/rated internals, I have nothing to add in aspect.

Comment

Well it was about 2 cms of oil in a cusco catch can after about 40-50 laps

So i wouldnt say it was excessive.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

I do on average 120-150 laps per day everytime I'm out on the ring ... Not one single drop til date in the catch can from being installed 5 years back.

No operator/install error either.

Comment

is this on a B series Noel??
                          Last edited by tinkerbell; 27-10-06, 01:49 PM.
                          ... retired/

Comment

B series and F series =)
                            Farewell TYP88R

Comment

WTF not asingle drop?

Did you hook it up correctly?

have pics of installation of your catchcan Noel?

Comment

Working...
                              X