Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    checking in the morning tells you how much oil is in the sump,

checking it after starting it tells you how much oil is in the engine...
    Why would you want to know how much oil is in the sump?

Once u crank it the sump level by itself means nothing... 1/2 your oil is in your engine and you will end up with only 1/2 a sump of oil.
    And with the number of ITR's with 2 sump/baffle type plates.. the one under below the girdle and one that was welded in... it doesnt sound too safe and sounds like a formulae to oil starvation...

just my 2 cents, could be utter bs open for discussion and opinions
    Last edited by BlitZ; 19-10-06, 12:04 PM.

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

i don't know why you would want to know?

i was just stating what you are actually checking...
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        i don't know why you would want to know?

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

To over fill with oil can lead to problems as well like poor fuel economy. I always try to get it right on the top dot.
          F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Never had a problem and I get 550km a tank.
            Originally posted by TODA RACING Aust - Adrian
            In your case, clearly you have a combination that is bordering on crap...

Comment

I have thought about this also, however, what if honda designed this into the dipstick markings i.e. if filled to the top dot (start of the morning reading) then started, there is now the ideal amount of oil in the sump???

As stated by page, too much oil in your sump is also bad, and can also cause power loss when cornering.

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
              Why would you want to know how much oil is in the sump?

Once u crank it the sump level by itself means nothing... 1/2 your oil is in your engine and you will end up with only 1/2 a sump of oil.
              And with the number of ITR's with 2 sump/baffle type plates.. the one under below the girdle and one that was welded in... it doesnt sound too safe and sounds like a formulae to oil starvation...

just my 2 cents, could be utter bs open for discussion and opinions
              ClubITR- newcastle

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteDC2 View Post
                Never had a problem and I get 550km a tank.
                You might get better if you had less oil
                F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Does anyone else have a problem reading the dipstick on a DC5?. I have heaps of trouble trying to find exactly where the oil mark is on it. I am running 5w30 ELF oil... its like water and doesn't leave an exact mark.

Comment

Can be quite difficult to read sometimes with fresh clean oil... but yeah, you should be able to see in the right light where the oil has reached on the stick.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                    X