• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
    "Sags" does not have a type-s

he has a dc5 with the jdm lca/knuckle ie ie conversion
    i know hes got a type r bro!

Comment

Originally posted by kovdc5r View Post
      might as well buy some type s wheels from honda instead of getting jdm set up done would be cheaper! But honda quoted $2400 for 4 wheels

sags did your wheels bolt up with out any probs unlike the jdm wheels? i would think they would as the type s doesnt run brembos??
      well if you're just trying to find rims that fit that look oem, then why not just get some aftermarket ones that will hold the honda centre cap and fit them on.

the benefit of getting the jdm suspension/brake conversion is the added braking power. not to remove the poor offset of jdm rims.

the 05 type s rims clear the brembos fine. bolting up... well JDM and AUDM DC5s have the same PCD pattern, so no problems there.

just so you're clear of what the problem with the jdm rims is that the offset is +60 and the audm rim offset is +45 or 48 or something. so that means your rims sit 15mm or 12mm further inside than the audm rims and it looks pretty bad.

however even the audm offset of +45/48 is slightly off. jingers has a good offset and i think he's running +35? is that right?

i also think my +45/48 offset on the jdm suspension is perfect at the front. at the back i'm still running audm rotors/hubs/knuckles so i still have the audm track width. i can post pics last on tonight or tomorrow to show you.
      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Originally posted by kovdc5r View Post
        hhm i think you are right but which copper is really going to kno whether people are using spacers
        who cares about cops?!??!

it will be a cause for a insurance company to void any claim you have.

it is that simple.

if you crash, and have spacers, and the insurance company finds out - you are going to be refused a payout...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
          well if you're just trying to find rims that fit that look oem, then why not just get some aftermarket ones that will hold the honda centre cap and fit them on.

the benefit of getting the jdm suspension/brake conversion is the added braking power. not to remove the poor offset of jdm rims.

the 05 type s rims clear the brembos fine. bolting up... well JDM and AUDM DC5s have the same PCD pattern, so no problems there.

just so you're clear of what the problem with the jdm rims is that the offset is +60 and the audm rim offset is +45 or 48 or something. so that means your rims sit 15mm or 12mm further inside than the audm rims and it looks pretty bad.

however even the audm offset of +45/48 is slightly off. jingers has a good offset and i think he's running +35? is that right?

i also think my +45/48 offset on the jdm suspension is perfect at the front. at the back i'm still running audm rotors/hubs/knuckles so i still have the audm track width. i can post pics last on tonight or tomorrow to show you.
          prob with aftermakret there isnt anything i like apart from crazily priced works or volk wheels! i do like the wheels you lucky bugger have in your possesion big prob is finding a set for sale!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            who cares about cops?!??!

it will be a cause for a insurance company to void any claim you have.

it is that simple.

if you crash, and have spacers, and the insurance company finds out - you are going to be refused a payout...
            yea agree 100% another reason i didnt buy a set of jdm wheels a while back as im too concrened with using spacers and possibly voiding my inusrance company finding out and refusing a pay out if soemthign goes wrong! dont need that stress!

Comment

if ur not going for performance (which would be the case if you're after oem rims) then have u considered roh's modena rims? they looks similar to the type s rims. i was thinking about getting them.
              almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Look at Rota wheels then, they're your replicate of the usual successful big name wheel manufacturers with an affordable pricetag. I'd settle for Rota wheels under a budget constraint vs. local made/sold rubbish. Seen enough of them disintegrate on the track and enough warrant to know it'd kill you before you attempt to kill yourself.

Comment

Another vote for Rota wheels...

Comment

Working...
                  X