Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdm wheels dc5

hello ppls

has any one put JDM wheels on a stock height DC5R and left it as is? I would be hesitant on lowering my car and am curious if the car would look to high with JDM17's and stock springs?

i also know someone that cans shave the rims
    to suit the correct offset

cheer kov

why would you want to shave teh rims when u actually need spacers?

Comment

dc5r's look to high when their stock let alone with bigger wheels on it. also cos fo the higher offset of the JDM wheels it will prolly look pretty wierd.

why dont you want to lower it?

Comment

Originally posted by tanghy View Post
        why would you want to shave teh rims when u actually need spacers?
        word of mouth my mate reckons hes mate on a wrx shaved the wheels to suit the correct offset, i dont know how possible this is,

place i called reckon he can do thsi only if the wheels are steel? i would assume newer wheels are all alloy, correct?

Comment

This is how mine look with stock springs.....didn't turn out too bad.....just recently fit with tein sussy......you need spacers to make the correct offset....I am currently using 5mm spacers at rear....may fit 15mm later to see whether it looks better....
          http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6392/dsc00287hp4.jpg
          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
          1)ブレーキを踏む
          2)クラッチを切る
          3)シフトダウンしなから、
            アクセルをぶかす
          4)クラッチをつなぐ
          :blah:
          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by kovdc5r View Post
            word of mouth my mate reckons hes mate on a wrx shaved the wheels to suit the correct offset, i dont know how possible this is,

place i called reckon he can do thsi only if the wheels are steel? i would assume newer wheels are all alloy, correct?
            You misunderstand his question...

What Tanghy is tryin to say is that JDM DC5R rims have offsets which sit the wheels fairly deep within the guards...shaving the rims will only make them sit even further in...they already look funny as is...

As far as I know...all wheels can be shaved...but this is something you DO NOT want to do with JDM DC5R rims...
            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
              dc5r's look to high when their stock let alone with bigger wheels on it. also cos fo the higher offset of the JDM wheels it will prolly look pretty wierd.

why dont you want to lower it?
              2 reason the ride is firm as it is with 16's and at the moment i dont have trouble parking the car and not scrapping the front bar at shopping centres etc

had dramas with my gtr with the front bar dont want those hassles again!
              agree the car does look a tag high stock but for some like myself im over lowered cars!
              Last edited by kovdc5r; 11-10-06, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                You misunderstand his question...

What Tanghy is tryin to say is that JDM DC5R rims have offsets which sit the wheels fairly deep within the guards...shaving the rims will only make them sit even further in...they already look funny as is...

As far as I know...all wheels can be shaved...but this is something you DO NOT want to do with JDM DC5R rims...
                thanks mate me and my mate are confused in what we need to do to correct the prob!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                  This is how mine look with stock springs.....didn't turn out too bad.....just recently fit with tein sussy......you need spacers to make the correct offset....I am currently using 5mm spacers at rear....may fit 15mm later to see whether it looks better....
                  http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6392/dsc00287hp4.jpg
                  eddie did you paint your wheels or find a rare sliver set??? your car looks a good height with 17's and stock springs...

Comment

thanks mate me and my mate are confused in what we need to do to correct the prob!
                    To correct the problem you will need to run spacers to make them sit correctly in the wheel well...
                    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

it will probably look better than the stock 16" wheels as the wheel itself with seem to fill up the wheel well more - bar the wrong offset, although it does look good side on

there will be barely any difference in the gap because the diameter of the wheel remains the same.
                      T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                        it will probably look better than the stock 16" wheels as the wheel itself with seem to fill up the wheel well more - bar the wrong offset, although it does look good side on

there will be barely any difference in the gap because the diameter of the wheel remains the same.
                        agree but i would use some sort of spacers to minismise them sitting in so much

Comment

agree but i would use some sort of spacers to minismise them sitting in so much
                          you would need 15mm spacers on each wheel, so you will need to go with either extended lug nuts, or the H&R spacers to be on the safe side.

i know this pic doesnt have the JDM dc5r wheels, but its somewhat close. 17" on stock ride height. hope jon doesnt mind me posting his car
                          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by Manny View Post
                            To correct the problem you will need to run spacers to make them sit correctly in the wheel well...
                            either that or..
                            buy JDM lower control arms and brembo setup

Comment

Originally posted by cldc2 View Post
                              either that or..
                              buy JDM lower control arms and brembo setup
                              And not just for the front either
                              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
                              X