Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Engine Light Flashing

Problem Solved.

basically, my car was knocking. As everyone mentioned, the CEL flashes three times when ur car is knocking. So just got the timing adjusted and it's all fine now.
    Last edited by Justified; 11-10-06, 11:02 AM.

Were you driving with semi slicks or street tyres?

Does it drop out of vtec when the oil light flashes?
    j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
    Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
    faijai: rg + awp = gg
    hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
    rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

Last edited by Justified; 06-10-06, 07:04 PM.

Comment

What sort of ecu do you have? it seems like you are running power fc?

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
          What sort of ecu do you have? it seems like you are running power fc?
          How would a power fc cause this?
          Last edited by Justified; 06-10-06, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justified View Post
            How would a power fc cause this?
            with PowerFC's, if your knock is exceptionally high the CEL will flash
            happyhong says:
            aus only have 3 r
            happyhong says:
            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

mmm..I see..when does extremely high knock usually occur though? Would it occur int he situations I've mentioned, or would it only occur at high revs etc?

any other possibilities?
              Last edited by Justified; 04-10-06, 09:31 AM.

Comment

wtf! oil light people, not Check Engine Light...

justified - sounds like you have an oil pressure issue, you need to get it checked out before "giving it any"

the oil light comes on a 7psi so you are really in trouble if it comes on whilst driving...

the only thing that can cause that is bad oil pump or a bearing clearance problem...

PS - tell us all about your setup. that might help.
                Last edited by tinkerbell; 04-10-06, 09:43 AM.
                ... retired/

Comment

mmm - actually, to be honest, I'm not actually sure which light it is anymore..hehe

I've always thought it was the oil light, but come to think of it, it could be the engine light?!

The light that flashes is:
                  - in the upper left triangle area: that watering container thingy that looks like this..

- it lights up in orange.

Is that he engine light or oil light?

haha - Sorry for any confusion..

My setup is just i/h/e and pfc.
                  Always running BP Ultimate.
                  Last edited by Justified; 04-10-06, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Thats the oil light, I wouldn't be driving it untill you have had it checked.

TBH you have not given nearly enough information for anyone to be able to give you a good diagnosis.

Service History, Exact Mod list, When it does it, car warm or cold ?

You don't go tot he doctor and tell him/her i feel sick fix me, or do you ?
                    /Oo ___H___ oO\
                    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

the oil light goes red, but it is the one you describe as the oil can picture

... retired/

Comment

goto your PFC handcontroller, goto monitor and monitor the knock level, use the peak hold function to determine maximum knock whilst driving...
                        ... retired/

Comment

I was serviced 1000km ago. Just basic oil change/oil filter. Royal Purple oil was used. I think it was 10-40 (or 10-30, i'll confirm by tonight). Honda oil filter.

Havent really seen whether it works when the car is cold as I usually let the car warm up fully before driving it. The times I've experienced it is when it's at normal/warm i guess.

Car has intake, headers, cat, catback exhaust and power fc.

Come think think of it, I only really noticed this problem occuring after i had the oil change. It was a few nights after the service that I took the car out for a quick drive and thats the first time I noticed the oil light flash.

I hope there's enough information there..If not, just ask me what else you guys need to know.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            the oil light goes red, but it is the one you describe as the oil can picture

Oh ok, perhaps it is red..I may be colour blind..hehe

But its definitely that oil light you pointed to in your picture.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              goto your PFC handcontroller, goto monitor and monitor the knock level, use the peak hold function to determine maximum knock whilst driving...
                              I actually don't have the handcontroller for the power fc.

Comment

Working...
                              X