• Show
Clear All

from memory over 65 it will flash.
    happyhong says:
    aus only have 3 r
    happyhong says:
    civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

As ed said over 60 knock normally it will flash but somehow when I had my skylines, CEL sometimes randomly flashed when I had 20 knock and sometimes It didn't even flash when I had 70 knock.

I think you should borrow your friends h/c before doing anything else, it could be excessive noise from your engine bay.

Comment

if it ONLY just started,

wait until the next tank of fuel before you get too serious...
        ... retired/

Comment

^and use BP Ultimate to be sure

Comment

actually..it's started about about 1000-2000km ago.

so I've filled up a few full tanks. Was all filled with BP ultimate from different BP servos each full tank.

So I don't think its the petrol's problem? Unless I'm just unlucky and the BP ultimate I'll been filling is dodgy..haha

Comment

mmm..I was just thinking..I'm hoping to be able to go to the track this coming thursday. But I don't really want to go with this problem. I also don't think I can get my car retuned by then either. Should I just pop my stock ecu back in there and drive with that for the time being/on the track until I can actually get my car retuned?

Is this safe to do so? Also, would putting the stock ecu back in there stop my car from knocking?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Justified View Post
                mmm..I was just thinking..I'm hoping to be able to go to the track this coming thursday. But I don't really want to go with this problem. I also don't think I can get my car retuned by then either. Should I just pop my stock ecu back in there and drive with that for the time being/on the track until I can actually get my car retuned?

Is this safe to do so? Also, would putting the stock ecu back in there stop my car from knocking?

Thanks
                Should be fine depending on what mods you have on your car?
                Who tuned it?
                happyhong says:
                aus only have 3 r
                happyhong says:

Comment

Just exhaust, header, intake..

Tuned by Adrian @ Toda.

Comment

put back stock ecu

Comment

Originally posted by Justified View Post
                      Just exhaust, header, intake..

Tuned by Adrian @ Toda.
                      yeah should be fine.
                      just run stock ECU until you can go back to see Adrian.
                      happyhong says:
                      aus only have 3 r
                      happyhong says:

Comment

ok. so I have the power fc hand controller in. When I'm monitoring my knock, it's just a bar graph thats runs horizontal as the knock increases. Is there a way I can set it so I can monitor the knock as a number, and is there a way I can set it to hold the peak value?

What I did notice while driving with the hand controller though is that when my engine light went on, the knock bar graph went 2/3 of the whole graph. So assuming the whole graph is 100, my knock went to 66?!

Thanks.

Comment

mmmm press the up arrow to check ur peak knock

Comment

do I have to be monitoring ONLY the knock for that peak hold function to work?

Comment

no, you can monitor like 2,4,6 variables from memory.
                              Easier to read if you don't monitor in graph mode.
                              happyhong says:
                              aus only have 3 r
                              happyhong says:

Comment

Ok. So after driving for a bit with the power fc hand controller, I've noticed my knock levels to hit as high as 73.

What I also noticed, was that It doesn't actually just happen at full load. I was driving today conservatively, shifted from 4th to 5th, revs at 2000rpm, and i stepped on the throttle slightly, and flash flash flash.

I don't know why this is happening but I really need to get this fixed quicksmart. It happens so randomly and unpredictably.

I'm starting to question whether all it needs is a tune. Although a retune may be able to fix it, I'm starting to think there may be other factors involved?! spark plugs maybe? Any other ideas?

If possible, I'd like to fix up those other faults before I actually do go and get a retune, just so I can get the maximum tune possible. hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X