No announcement yet.

Check Engine Light Flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change the oil and filter, maybe buy a weird chance you received a bad filter.

Change it urself so u know its done right
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

yes, knock is not an issue, BUT oil pressure is MORE important!!!!

i am thinking oil filter or wrong oil...
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        yes, knock is not an issue, BUT oil pressure is MORE important!!!!

i am thinking oil filter or wrong oil...

Ok, I'll change the oil/oil filter and let you guys know how I go.

Thanks.

Comment

maybe talk to the guy who did the oil change first, dont just go changing it without consulting them first!

if it is a error or problem, they need to be made aware and have the chance to rectify it...
          ... retired/

Comment

^ if the oil and oil filter is not the problem, have a look at your oil pump

Comment

maybe talk to the guy who did the oil change first, dont just go changing it without consulting them first!

if it is a error or problem, they need to be made aware and have the chance to rectify it...
              Yeah - I've already contacted him about this. Will be dropping by the workshop tomorow to let him check it out. Hope it's nothing too major..

Comment

oil sump dented ?

Comment

Originally posted by bennjamin View Post
                  oil sump dented ?
                  Nope, had a look under the car and the sump is in tip top shape.

Comment

mmm...

I was just sitting in my Physical Pharmaceutics and Formulations Lab about 15min ago and was having a think..

I'm not exactly sure anymore whether it was the oil light or the engine light.

For some reason, I remember seeing the light pop up as orange..but i also thought i saw that watering container icon light up. As Tinkerbell mentioned, that watering bucket icon actually lights up RED. I'm sure I didn't see a red light flash...I'm starting to think it's actually my engine light as I'm more confident in saying the flashing light was orange, than in saying that the flashing light was that watering container icon.

Anyway, I'll go home later tonight and take another look at it. Hopefully it refreshes my memory. Will confirm it with you guys by tonight.

Thanks.

Comment

if it is three flashes, it is your CEL showing up either:

knock warning, injector duty exceeded, or over boost.
                      ... retired/

Comment

if it is three flashes, it is your CEL showing up either:

knock warning, injector duty exceeded, or over boost.

Now that you mention it..I think it IS 3 quick flashes.

But when does knocking usually occur? i.e would it occur in the situations I had described? Also, what would it to knock in the first place? It's been tuned a fair while back and has been fine..what would cause it to knock now?

But anyway, I'll double check which light it is tonight just to make sure. I'm sure it'll be easier for you guys to diagnose my problem once I let you guys know..hehe

Thanks.
                        Last edited by Justified; 04-10-06, 04:49 PM.

Comment

it really just sounds like off load knock...

probably quite light - but means you SHOULD get your power FC tuned!!!
                          ... retired/

Comment

If you have a handcontroller you can see what the knock is.
                            happyhong says:
                            aus only have 3 r
                            happyhong says:
                            civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

ok - So I just got home 30min ago and went to turn on my car..it's confirmed..its the CEL.

So where should I go from here?

It's still strange though, I'm still not sure why it would knock all of a sudden..

Maybe I'll just go get a quick retune to see how it goes.

Comment

I'm planning to borrow my friend's hand controller for a few days and monitor my knock.

What are the ranges it has to be within?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X