Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO a 40 ratio tyre is not too skinny or chunky on the 18 inch rim. I run a 215/40/18 tyre with a low ish car and its scrub heaven though. Mind you I have different offset and width to you wheel. The dc5 is also easier to fit wider wheels since they have more room to play around with.
    Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by iamvinny View Post
      Okay did a bit more research on tyres and trying to see how they look so i'm thinking 18 x 8.5 +44 and running on 225/40/18.
      1 - How different will a +44 off set be to stock visually?
      2 - Is the image below pretty much how my wheels will sit?

I don't want the rubber too thin (eg; looks like the rim is nearly hitting the road) but then I don't want it chunky/thick either - sleek & sporty I guess, sorry guys still learning - so far just going by what looks and sounds good
      Check my thread i am running 18x9 +30 with 235/40/18 on my dc5r

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...troduce-myself

Comment

Okay did a bit more research on tyres and trying to see how they look so i'm thinking 18 x 8.5 +44 and running on 225/40/18.

I don't want the rubber too thin (eg; looks like the rim is nearly hitting the road) but then I don't want it chunky/thick either - sleek & sporty I guess, sorry guys still learning - so far just going by what looks and sounds good
        i have a bad feeling those specs will def scrape the inner struts up front!!! rule of thumb, dont go higher than +30 offset for any width for the DC5.

225/40/18 can be pulled off IF your car is black, or u are pretty low! YOu need the lows/black car to hide the wheel gap. Here is a great example of what I am talking about. Car was recently jacked up so slightly sitting higher above its normal height but this is goodto illustrate the ugly wheel gap on cars which are not black.

specs 18x9.5 wheel with 225/40/18 tyre:

Since u havea awhite car, I would go for a 235/40/18 tyre! why are you going 18inch. I would only go 18inch if you have an aftermarket body/lip kit........ stick to 17inch!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
          IMO a 40 ratio tyre is not too skinny or chunky on the 18 inch rim. I run a 215/40/18 tyre with a low ish car and its scrub heaven though. Mind you I have different offset and width to you wheel. The dc5 is also easier to fit wider wheels since they have more room to play around with.
          Its scrub heaven because u are running perfect dc5 specs on an Ep3 lol!

but like u said the dc5 is alot eaiser to run more aggresive specs. FYI Victor here is running 18x9.5+22 on an ep3 hence he scrubs all day evv day!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by kk20aa View Post
            Check my thread i am running 18x9 +30 with 235/40/18 on my dc5r

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...troduce-myself
            Andy is perfect example of this. dont forget his car is black so regardless of his ride height if it is big or small, u cant ntoice it as his car is black.... but looks perfect on his 18inch since he hasa kit now!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

As alex has said you will definately have problems fitting those specs on a dc5. You will hit the rear trailing arm and front strut. So i would stay away fron those specs.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                FYI Victor here is running 18x9.5+22 on an ep3 hence he scrubs all day evv day!
                Yeah he should definitely run wider and with fatter tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
                  Yeah he should definitely run wider and with fatter tyres.
                  Ahahahaha this is my last stance wheels. No more for me
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Hey guys, would there be any issue with running CE28Ns with the stock lug nuts ?

Comment

u can run it like that.

However if u want to do it properly, have a perfect fit etc. run aftermarket tapered nuts 12x1.50 is the thread u require
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        u can run it like that.

However if u want to do it properly, have a perfect fit etc. run aftermarket tapered nuts 12x1.50 is the thread u require
                        Thanks alex, would there be any change that it could cause steering problems ? Eg, the nuts becoming loose ?

Comment

if you tighten them too hard, it could stuff up the lug nut holes?

not sure if the nut or wheel would deform first. but ive bought a set of OEM wheels previously where the idiot used aftermarket nuts and the mounting face was screweddddddd

Comment

No, u would get enough thread on the studs so they wont come loose..

if u can avoid it, try n mate aftermarket nuts to aftermarket wheels!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Thanks guys ! Will purchase aftermarket ones !

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
                                Ahahahaha this is my last stance wheels. No more for me
                                Buy my RE30s. No stance wheels here!

Comment

Working...
                                X