Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much work would be needed to mount 17x10 +18's on the fronts of a dc5?!

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
      Chargerrrr
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
        That's a familiar sounding setup. Depends on the amount of stretch. With a 255 and moderately low ride height you'd need around -5ish degrees of camber to clear stock guards with trimmed liners, and the guard liner mounting tabs bent up. With about -4.8° on my car and my janked up guards there was plenty of clearance. Car was semi low and reasonably stiffly sprung.

Here's the best pic that I could find:

Rough summary of setup (ChargeR circa 2010):

Ride height: 330-340 mm guard to centre of hub F + R
        Camber: 4.8° F 2.5ish R
        Wheels: 17x10 +18 F 17x9 +28 R
        Tyres: 255/40 F 225/45 R

Comment

^ did you ever sell your set tom?! Coz the set I'm looking at is in matte black too.. (Maybe same set.. If you ever sold em haha)
          They currently has 235/45/17 tyres on em, how muh camber will be needed to fit 235's?! -3? I'd like to eventually like to fit a 255 or 265 tho..

Comment

Thoughts on 16x8+15 all-round on AUDM DC2R ?

Or 16x7 +40 all-round ?

Comment

Has anyone here fit a 17x9.5 +35 on the fronts of their dc5? Any inner clearance issues??

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                Has anyone here fit a 17x9.5 +35 on the fronts of their dc5? Any inner clearance issues??
                I've seen a DC5 with this spec with a 255/40 tyre. It seemed to have no issues but apparently was close to the spring. Will of course require some camber to clear guards.
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                  I've seen a DC5 with this spec with a 255/40 tyre. It seemed to have no issues but apparently was close to the spring. Will of course require some camber to clear guards.
                  Is this for oem spring and spring seat design or for coilover?
                  Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                  Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                  Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                    Is this for oem spring and spring seat design or for coilover?
                    Coilover.
                    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Need some help from the EP3 guys. a mate bought some 17x8.5+35 works and on test fit with 225/45 tyres it was POKEY. we expected to roll guards, but atm it looks like they will need pulling and some pretty intense camber. anyone on here running a setup like this?

Comment

^ i have a similar set up.

17*9+35 with 245/40 and
                        17*8+35 with 225/45.

No intense camber will be needed at all. That fitment should be good on the ep.

Pictures can be seen here http://ofim.com.au/2014/03/10/victors-ep3/
                        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Do you know exactly how much camber you're running on that 8" rear Victor? I'm also running 8+35, deciding between 215/45 or 225/45 on the rear, only want -1 camber.

Comment

Front camber is -2 and rear camber is -1.5

Comment

Decided I'm gonna get RPF1's soon 17x9 because I love the look of them in that size (has the concave look). which offset is gonna be better fitting wise? either +22 or +35.

I have a fresh set of RE002s in 215 on my car at the moment, is it gonna be too much stretch for a 9" wheel? I use the car every day so I don't want to blow the tyre off. although I'll go to a wider tyre if I have to. I've seen plenty of photos of what both offsets look like on the car and I like the look of both. Just want to know what I'll need to get them to fit when the time comes and best camber allignment specs seeing it will need the camber adjusted to fit. I would be getting coilover's fitted at the same time.

Comment

+22 has a flater spoke while the +35 has a slight curve to it.

215/45/17 should fit the wheel and it is not dangerously stretched. I did it for my old RPF1s and they were perfect for some spirited driving and street. I wouldn't track them with them though.

Fitment wise i reckon +22 will be wider and better. But if you want to run it safe, +35 is fine and it will give you a track look

Comment

Working...
                                X