This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Camber is dependent on ride height. One will determine how much of the other you need.
    Oh right thanks chargeR, so would an 18 make the car sit a little high? What do u guys think of this set up?

Comment

After performance or just stance? You'll need a lot of camber all around, Matt (Lemmiwinks) and Alex (plAythiNG) have both run similar specs in the past they might be able to let you know. FYI neither of them run this size anymore

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
        After performance or just stance? You'll need a lot of camber all around, Matt (Lemmiwinks) and Alex (plAythiNG) have both run similar specs in the past they might be able to let you know. FYI neither of them run this size anymore
        Hmmm well I'm not willing to sacrifice performance for stance! My guards are already rolled so what sized is the happy medium, goin to a 17 won't help?

Comment

Originally posted by Jax-DC5R View Post
          Can anybody tell me if I'll fit 18x9.7 with +20 offset on my dc5 with guards rolled?
          -3 camber at least on fronts and possibly 2 rears

Comment

Hmmm, so 18x8.7 are the go or 17x9.7 or will I still run into problems with the 9.7

Comment

how hard would it be to fit 18x9.5 +12 on the front?!

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                On a dc5? Hard, major guard work and camber

Comment

What size tyres r u thinking of running and whats ur ride height?
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                    On a dc5? Hard, major guard work and camber
                    yup on dc5.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    What size tyres r u thinking of running and whats ur ride height?
                    was hoping a 225, but is that still too fat? i'm still yet to get coils, still running on springs atm. i wouldn't run them till after i got coils but..

Comment

was hoping a 225, but is that still too fat? i'm still yet to get coils, still running on springs atm. i wouldn't run them till after i got coils but..
                      Gareth is running 18 x 9.5 + 22 with 235 / 45 from memory, I had a look at the and I think they'd be pretty hard to fit on our cars. I can try put it on my car if you want to see what it'd be like, but from the looks of it putting a 225 tyre would be way too much stretch on the front with the amount of camber you'll also need to run. He scrubs on a stock height Evo!

Comment

Macpherson strut would hold you back... Epic stretch.. Like 205 tyre..
                        -5 camber, if not more. But your gaurd should just be roll. Dont need to pump it.

Is this 9.5" wheel meant for grip? Or show? Haha
                        3TripleZero

Comment

Originally posted by bennet654 View Post
                          -5 camber, if not more. But your gaurd should just be roll. Dont need to pump it.

i think the answer to that is already known lol.

Why would the Mac strut hold him back, i would say the limits of the cars body would hold him back from wheels that huge

Comment

Rim will hit strut... Capiche bro
                            3TripleZero

Comment

haha, no go it is then. thanks guys!

Comment

Rim will hit strut... Capiche bro
                                Untrue, he could have anywhere up to -6° camber, all added at the knuckle (As in the Mugen brackets I am using) and there would still be clearance to the strut.

haha, no go it is then. thanks guys!
                                Don't be discouraged, it isn't as hard as everyone makes it sound. I used a 17x9.5 +15 with a 275 slick and it wasn't that tough to fit, if you are just doing it mostly for looks you could go a 225/40 or 235/35, run about -3.something camber, trim the fender liner and bend the tabs up and it should fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X