• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think he means ChargeR seeing as he is running this spec but wider

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
      i think he means ChargeR seeing as he is running this spec but wider
      steve, yeah i was waiting for cahrger's response too lol.

steve, im keeping my ce28ns/
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Zakarados View Post
        slightly off topic,

I got a question for you, i dropped my car evenly all around and the gap between the front and rear is different. So you lowered the front more then the rear? car is nose diving?
        If aesthetics are your goal then just lower the front more . Most DC5 lowering springs suffer from this ass dragging stance and it looks pretty bad to me.

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
        im thinking of running 17x9.5 +15 what do i need to do charger? im new to modifying
        You are the baller wheel whore are you not sir? Don't pretend you are new to this wheel fitment game. To fit those wheels just put a 235/40 on them, bend the tabs up at the front and cut the fenderliner, roll the rear guards and then add camber until they tuck.

I test fitted one of my 9.5 +15s with 255s on it at the rear and it didn't poke an excessive amount, so with a 235/40 somewhere in the range of -3 to -4 camber at both ends would do it if the rear guards were rolled pretty hard. I don't think the natural camber from lowering would get you there though so one would need to add some with a camber kit. Or just run smaller tyres.

Comment

i feel a bit n00bish, but will 37mm offset be OK on my DC2? with 15x6.5in rims with a 5.26' backspacing?

i actually dont know what OEM offset is i think it could be 45 but i have also seen 38 mentioned... google is not helping...
          ... retired/

Comment

found this - dunno if already posted, but posting it anyways...

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp
            ... retired/

Comment

oh and just for completeness:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
              ... retired/

Comment

Good links guy, I will add them to the first post.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                i feel a bit n00bish, but will 37mm offset be OK on my DC2? with 15x6.5in rims with a 5.26' backspacing?

i actually dont know what OEM offset is i think it could be 45 but i have also seen 38 mentioned... google is not helping...
                Those wheels should be fine with anything up to a 205 from what I have seen. Hopefully one of the other guys with DC2s will chime in.

Comment

I got re30's 16x7 +42 running a 5mm spacer (+37) and hardly ever scrubs.
                  Running a 205 or 215 cant remember.

Does that help?

Comment

helps heaps - thanks
                    ... retired/

Comment

Yep shuold be fine I reckon : )

Comment

work 11r 17*9 +38
                        dunlop z1 235/40/17
                        -2.5 at front and -1.4 at rear.

more photos in my thread..opinions/criticisms welcome (ignore ride height..will lower it a bit later)
                        Last edited by crashprash; 03-11-10, 07:25 PM.
                        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                        Flickr
                        my car blog - Have a read
                        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Looks good, the smaller profile 235/40 accentuates the ride height as well unfortunately. Will look great with a little mild lowering .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Looks good, the smaller profile 235/40 accentuates the ride height as well unfortunately. Will look great with a little mild lowering .
                            thanks! planning on dropping it 0.5-1inch max depending on trailing arm clearance
                            Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
                            Flickr
                            my car blog - Have a read
                            my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Hey guys, seeing as most guys here have thorough knowledge in regards to wheel fitment and would like to ask some advice in regards to a set of wheels fitting a dc2r.
                              The wheel specs are as follows;
                              16x8 +17

How would this fit? flush? bit of poke? compared to JDM 16x7 OEM's?
                              Sorry i lack the knowledge in wheels, so yeah would like to see if any of you guys or gals could help me out......

Cheers,
                              Renny.

Comment

Refer to the below post from Wlee2 for a rough idea of what your looking at... Keep in mind that his are 15's not 16's and the wheels you are considering are an inch wider as well as 3mm more aggressive in offset.

Originally posted by Wlee2 View Post
                                How to Fit 15x7 +20 onto a DcPoo

Note to all!!!

To get these rims and tyres fitted was not all about slapping them on. do so at your own risk =P

• we had to roll the front fenders and rear quarter panels.
                                • remove a fair chunk(almost all of it) of fender lining
                                • fronts are running -3 degrees of camber
                                • rears are running -2.5 degrees
                                • i had to hammer at the front inner tyre wall (its a seam weld) whilst applying a heat gun to bend a very large thick metal strip
                                • rear bumper supports and tabs had to be ground off and new holes drilled to support rear bar.

everyone here will contest to the fact that Tom is a pretty tough guy.. even he turned white as i put a sledge hammer to my car..

also to make it look good we lowered the car ALOT.

but all round it looks hawt now

Went for a drive and only very mild scrapage (the scraping was not tyres it was my exhaust hitting the floor on a bumpy road!).. with an almost fully loaded car
                                Wlee2, ChargeR, DazDc5s

i wouldent recomend running any lower than what i have here.. for the one reason is that if i lowered my tyre preasures to around 32 instead of my 38 psi atm

i get beached on certain speed bumps =P

Comment

Working...
                                X