This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Symphorced View Post
    +1. The amount of rear camber that needs to be run to fit 225/45 without scrubbing on the rear you may as well have the 215/45.
    How much rear camber are we talking about???
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Definitely lower than -4. I had -3.5 and it was perfect for 215/45 with no scrubbing
      Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

3.5 is too much man, but u cant go smaller (205) on the 9inch. Just go 215 wide bro. Im currently running 225/45 on my 9j on my rear and i think im runnning brtween -2 to -2.5 on my rears, then again the DC5 is alot more accomodating for gtr spec wheels then your EP3

EDIT: looking at my thread, i am -2/5 all around
        Last edited by plAythiNG; 03-12-13, 08:35 PM.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

If u want to run 225, use a 9.5inch wheel! I dont mind u comming around one wheekend and test fitting my wheels for fun on the EP!

17x9.5 +22 w/ 225/45/17
          17x9.0 +22 w/ 225/45/17
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            If u want to run 225, use a 9.5inch wheel! I dont mind u comming around one wheekend and test fitting my wheels for fun on the EP!

17x9.5 +22 w/ 225/45/17
            17x9.0 +22 w/ 225/45/17
            I'll let you bro thanks for the offer, very strange technically dc5r and ep3 share similar sussy geometries and like you said dc5r tends to accommodate gtr spec wheels than ep3 =(
            Last edited by Perry; 03-12-13, 08:52 PM.
            ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

What up guys, wanted to get your opinion for DC2R.

Looking to get either TE37's or CE28's.

Just trying to figure out the best specs! They dont make much specs from factory no more and most wheels im finding are.

16x7 +48
              16x7.5 +39,+46,+48 etc..

What would be the best option for these wheels? Anyone run these and can help me out?
              Currently running RPF1's 16x7 +33, tho i think i have a spacer? mechanic put em on not sure what the specs are :S no rub very clear though i would like gain a lot more with the right specs!

Sorry for noobness with wheels specs
              Thanks
              Last edited by che; 04-12-13, 07:55 AM.

Comment

If i had a dc2r i would get 16x7.5 witg offset no lower than 40
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

What do you guys think of 17x9 +15 running on 235/45/17 with -3 Degrees camber rear and -2.5 in the fronts ?

Comment

I have a simiarl set up with 17x9.5+22. Your wheels being 9j+15 have 7mm lower offset but is 6mm weaker as you have 9j wheels. So really your wheels have a more aggresive stance by 1mm in comparison to my set up. Running -2.5 with 225/45/17 tyre. Mind u even if u run 225 on ur 9j. Mine will have a lil more stretch! I reckon u best run those wheels with 225/45. I ran before 235/45/17 on my 17x9j+18 regas. If i could i run 235/40 but i wouldnt be able to clear my driveway..

If u really want to run 235... 235/40 woyld be your best bet.

Make sure u roll guarda up front on this setup and cut some of the plastic liner!
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Thanks Alex much appreciated it I was hoping to leave my front plastic unmodified, is that possible if I just ran 225/45/17 ?

Hence I don't like stretch tyres ! Either flush with the rims or a bit over to save it from those gutters.

Comment

all good. u can hack the guards up later if u cant clear it... but stick to the 225/45 man!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

245/40/17 will protect your rims ,i am running 9+22 with -3 rear and -2 front on 245/40, you will need a bit more camber for your offset. but if you don't want to protect your rims den you can't go pass wheel gods (Alex) advice for fitment .

Comment

Thanks guys ! I will be sticking to 225. As I've heard 245 can put your speedo off as well

Comment

Originally posted by jboi View Post
                              245/40/17 will protect your rims ,i am running 9+22 with -3 rear and -2 front on 245/40, you will need a bit more camber for your offset. but if you don't want to protect your rims den you can't go pass wheel gods (Alex) advice for fitment .
                              The reason why u can run 245wide is yournheight.

If tuan has a look at your build thread, your heightnis the reason to qhy u can run that wide tyre.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Haha thanks Alex just saw Jbois build thread. I'm running about an inch lower than that. ;(

Comment

Working...
                                X