DC5S Suspenion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

It was a bush in the JDM LCA. Was told its nothing major. Just had different bushes in the LCA and one moved more than the other. Other than that, everything was checked again and was fine.

However, it was suggested that toe in be run at the front to compensate for the sloping road as I was told with negative camber and 0 toe, the tie contact was reduced and under acceleration/driving, its theoreticall running toe out. Hope i heard correctly lol

Comment

Originally posted by SouLjAh View Post
      I don't know why it would be desirable and didnt mention that it was, just commented at how it is at the moment
      Fair call. I am going to go out on a limb and say no steering arm angle is desirable if one has no idea what effect it is having.

When I first lowered the car I had a slight bumpsteer problem. After I installed the AKOM tie rods there was no room to put the cotter pin in. So I used a nut (think its M12 from memory). If you tighten this up really tight, more incline for bump steer.

What would running stock tie rods with the steering bracket achieve?
      Am I reading this correctly, are you saying you loosened the bottom nut that retains the heim joint on the Akom tie rod ends? All of the nuts on the tie rod ends should be tight and there should be some means of locking the lowest nut to stop it loosening. I doubt that this is helping your issues with play in the steering .

Comment

The nut was one I purchased and put on as the cotter pin would not fit. I found that bump steer was apparent when I tighted this nut extremely tight, so slightly loosened it but its still screwed on well. I put it on as I figured it would be better than not having one there

What would be the ideal angle for the arms? Still learning so please share your thoughts, it would be highly appreciated

Comment

The nut was one I purchased and put on as the cotter pin would not fit. I found that bump steer was apparent when I tighted this nut extremely tight, so slightly loosened it but its still screwed on well. I put it on as I figured it would be better than not having one there

What would be the ideal angle for the arms? Still learning so please share your thoughts, it would be highly appreciated
          Still not quite sure what you mean by saying that you loosened a nut and bump steer was then less apparent.

The point I was getting at is that without having accurate measurements of the front suspension geometry it is impossibly to know exactly how you have influenced bump steer by going to inverted tie rod ends without measuring the bump steer on an alignment rack with the springs removed. So I have no idea what the ideal angle is .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Am I reading this correctly, are you saying you loosened the bottom nut that retains the heim joint on the Akom tie rod ends? All of the nuts on the tie rod ends should be tight and there should be some means of locking the lowest nut to stop it loosening. I doubt that this is helping your issues with play in the steering .
            HAHA I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice this

To be honest SouLjAh, in those pictures your tierod angles are looking very flat (maybe even pointing up). But you mentioned that your bump steer is minimal so I guess whatever your doing its working for you .
            As ChargeR has mentioned it is difficult to determine the correct angle. You are the first person I know from the group buy that has installed both akom inverted tierods and steering bracket. After seeing another member install just the inverted tierod ends (and achieving quite acceptable angles) I thought it was probably a wiser option to use just the steering bracket as the inverted tierods looked mediocre.

As I mentioned before, be careful with that bottom nut. 2 months after the install on my car one side nearly completely fell off because it was not tightened enough. So check it regularly. I was surprised when you said you had loosened it.

This is incredibly off topic from your original question but I hope it helps with any questions you have about the AKOM parts.
            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
            sigpic
            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Can I ask a noob question?

I've been searching and reading through the topics with lowereing the DC5 Suspension, and everyone has been saying to get inverted tie rod ends, and aftermarket tie rods.

Can I get a similar effect by just using the stock tie rod ends and using just an aftermarket Steering bracket like Akom?

Comment

Working...
              X