Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good air induction for DC2R

hey guys,

wats best bang for buck intake kit for dc2r?

i know the mugen one is good but im not gonna spend $1000

for a 3kw gain and a brand name....

any sugesstions?

imho decide against the mugen after hearing it on a dc2r first!

Comment

LOL @ 3kw gain *sigh

If youre not going to cough up the dough, perhaps enlighten us to what you are willing to spend.

Off the top of my head the Injen CAI comes in around the 350 mark?
      Thats a pretty good bang for bucks sort of CAI - but defectable afaik.
      Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

yeh i was thinking injen CAI..

but a mugen box does make it sound alot sweeter..

Comment

Another plus of the mugen box is that it is legal.
          Injen isnt.
          Tom says: "Now remember kids, offsets are like women... they are best in their teens."

Comment

Mugen ftw!! I wouldn't bother with anything else..

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

This is a great "bang for buck" legal intake to get for the DC2

Comptech Icebox

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMPT...mZ170250731281

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

you buy it for the sound dude!
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Looks like a Mugen copy, wonder what the size of the filter is?

"i know the mugen one is good but im not gonna spend $1000"

If you shop around you can pick them up for around $700~$800 from people bringing them in Sydney

Yeah, Mugen FTW.
                  MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by e240 View Post
                    Looks like a Mugen copy, wonder what the size of the filter is?

"i know the mugen one is good but im not gonna spend $1000"

If you shop around you can pick them up for around $700~$800 from people bringing them in Sydney

Yeah, Mugen FTW.
                    Yeah similar to Mugen design and a small fraction of the price.

I have not heard any complaints about this intake and comptech are a well respected aftermarket brand for Honda's in the US.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                    Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Comptech is a hell of a lot smaller than the mugen, you can't really compare the two.

The mugen has the added velocity stack which actually makes a difference.

I hope you dont end up buying a cheaper part only realise how crap it is and then get the mugen anyways.
                      /Oo ___H___ oO\
                      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Comptech might be poorer than Mugen but it may suit the original posters budget which he originally wanted to stray away from Mugen because of the price.

He did say Bang for Buck, and I dont beleive the Mugen is Bang for Buck.

Anyone can recommend an overly priced well known brand, but is it good value?

Cheaper does not mean crap.

Alot of things from the more 'expensive' brands like Spoon, Mugen etc have had cheaper alternatives from the US outperform or be just as good in quality.

I know of a couple of people who have tried it personally and they did not complain about it.

Sure it may not be as uber as Mugen but for the price you will be laughing.
                        Last edited by Chi; 15-10-08, 01:26 PM.

Comment

i am running Injen because it is the best VALUE.

i paid $350 for mine... (over 1/2 the price of Mugen)
                          ... retired/

Comment

I'm running an AEM intake with a Blox Pod and V-Stack courtesy of Chi Soon to be changed tho

Comment

Air filters/intakes are for pussys..

ITB's biggest bang for buck..

Comment

Working...
                              X