Which brake rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cldc2 View Post
    yeaps that's just the fronts. Additional costs I would think are just bigger rims to suit the application. as the stock 15" barely clear the caliper.

Also DBA produces the Slotted, 4000 series and 5000 series. Tink swears by the 4000, the price i got quoted for are the standard slotted ones...
    Seems a bit expensive for the standard ones? Try calling around.

Maybe someone knows some palces where u could get a good price?
    "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

DBA 4000 rocks. Good price, I got heaps of life from those from normal driving as well as 8 track days. DBA Slotted (not the 4000) sucks but should be OK for daily driving only.

Does the thread starter do any track days ? or just driving daily and will never see the track ?
      I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
        DBA 4000 rocks. Good price, I got heaps of life from those from normal driving as well as 8 track days. DBA Slotted (not the 4000) sucks but should be OK for daily driving only.

Does the thread starter do any track days ? or just driving daily and will never see the track ?
        what's the price on dba 4000? yeaps I'll be using it for track days... as the 1st post states.. probably a few tracks days a year.

One thing that's got my stumped, rear discs are more expensive than the fronts. Is this because they don't sell as many? or something else??

Comment

Originally posted by cldc2 View Post
          hey tinks... I got Project Mu pads. 0-400C ones.. Not sure if they were responsible for eating away at my rotors. My pads have hardly worn down though installed 30,000kms ago.
          szymonsta i think had those pads (or other similar Project Mu pads) and his ate his rotors after about a year.. he replaced his with non oem as they were about the same price as aftermarket ones.. he got a slotted set.. not sure what brand.. he'll get on here and clarify soon enough i imagine..

so yeah.. its very likely that your pads ate your rotors!

Comment

i have used endless pads on my DBA 4000's with very little rotor wear... only now after 8 track days are fine surface crackling appaering...

there is certainly not *eating* of this rotor with "average" pads... it is designed to be tracked...

NOW - here is the big tip for all you guys! do NOT buy DBA discs from performance shops or DBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buy them from a truck distributor or something? i got my first DBA's from a truck parts supplier in wetheral park for $260 a pair!!! i was quoted over $400 from most "performance" shops...

e.g. try here to compare prices, http://www.atap.com.au/pv_discrotors.html

but make sure you dont ask for "discs for a Honda Type R" ask for "price and abvailablity of DBA part number: 4478WS"

(is it for DC2R or DC2?)

DBA4000 rear discs are not available for the Type R.... (nor do you need to upgrade them)
            ... retired/

Comment

Nice tip Tinkerbell
              I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Very nice tip indeed. Thanks tinkerbell.
                "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

originally my car had stock rotors and pads. my pads wore out (esp. after my 1st track day) so i upgraded to p.mu b-specs front and rear (still stock rotors). after one track day and about 9 months of street driving the front p.mu pads were badly worn and my front rotors were chewed to pieces. not happy.

stock honda replacement front rotors were $800 for the front pair. compared to $850 for the front pair of zeal streight6 (endless) rotors which are slotted and heat/machine (?) treated. my mechanic was very impressed with the quality of the zeal rotors.
                  i now run the zeal streight6 rotors with endless eurox pads (which are a more aggressive compound than p.mu bspecs) on the front, and stock rotors on the back. have had this for ~6months, 10,000kms and 1 track day. the brakes work superbly, the zeal rotors have almost no wear and plenty of life still in the endless pads. much better than p.mu's and stock rotors. also braking improved, no fade and better bite when warmed up..

i would highly recommend the zeal streight6 rotors (for $25 each more than stock honda ones!) combined with endless eurox / na-r pad for street/circuit driving!
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    i have used endless pads on my DBA 4000's with very little rotor wear... only now after 8 track days are fine surface crackling appaering...

there is certainly not *eating* of this rotor with "average" pads... it is designed to be tracked...

NOW - here is the big tip for all you guys! do NOT buy DBA discs from performance shops or DBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buy them from a truck distributor or something? i got my first DBA's from a truck parts supplier in wetheral park for $260 a pair!!! i was quoted over $400 from most "performance" shops...

e.g. try here to compare prices, http://www.atap.com.au/pv_discrotors.html

but make sure you dont ask for "discs for a Honda Type R" ask for "price and abvailablity of DBA part number: 4478WS"

(is it for DC2R or DC2?)

DBA4000 rear discs are not available for the Type R.... (nor do you need to upgrade them)
                    thanks for the advice tinks.
                    DBA part number 4478WS is for DBA 4000series slotted for DC2r. DC2 is 4474WS.
                    DBA make slotted rear disc for dc2r and dc2 (477S and 475S). these are in the standard series.

szy, $800 for fronts, they better be good what are you using in the rear?

Comment

are DBA 4000's avalaible for the DC5R?
                      eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                        are DBA 4000's avalaible for the DC5R?
                        yes

z10 says:
                        i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                        z10 says:
                        mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

I think Spoon Rotors are around the $400.00 mark for a pair, I have never had any problems with mine and the weigh quite a lot less than stock.

BTW, can anyone tell me what the minimum thickness should be ?
                          /Oo ___H___ oO\
                          |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                            yes
                            could someone provide a model number for the DBA 4000 on a DC5R?
                            Thanks
                            eckoflyte

Comment

^ don't see a model for DBA4000 for DC5,

DBA standard slotted for DC5 (non brembo) model number: 2500S, Standard Cross Drill & Slotted (model number: 2500X)
                              they're diameter x thickness = 300x25mm

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                              I think Spoon Rotors are around the $400.00 mark for a pair, I have never had any problems with mine and the weigh quite a lot less than stock.

BTW, can anyone tell me what the minimum thickness should be ?
                              Dc2r minimum thickness is 21mm (front) 8mm (rear), these are from DBA catalogs.

Comment

hmmmm i had the 4000's before :S

z10 says:
                                i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                                z10 says:
                                mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Working...
                                X