No announcement yet.

Which brake rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

szy, $800 for fronts, they better be good what are you using in the rear?

well like i said, stock honda front rotors were $800 / pair, zeal streight6 were $850 / pair. so i didnt consider paying an extra $50 to get zeal rotors instead of stock rotors a bad investment.. but yes, it does look to be a lot more expensive than the dba / ebc rotors ..
    i am extremely happy with my brakes and amazed at how well the front rotors look after the track day and daily driving. honestly they look brand new.
    i'm using stock honda rotors at the rear, still with p.mu b-spec pads. i will be getting endless na-r, cc-x or type-r pads when my current pads wear out.
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

FYI - Endless B/S6/S12 1 piece rotors are factory Honda rotors, heat treated and post slotted. This equates to the DBA 4000 series rotors in comparison.

Want some real rotors? Pull open your HyperRev and look for 2 piece, aluminum hat rotors. Having gone from a single piece rotor to a multi-piece rotor. The significant difference is heat dissipation. Of course, if you don't do real trackwork, this isn't necessary.

Comment

really? yes well that makes sense..so you are paying $50 extra / pair for the same rotors but heat treated and slotted. i think thats fair enough..
        i wonder how dba etc. can offer the same thing for ~ half price? do they also base on honda parts? or other?

since my car is not a racing car, but daily-driven with 1-2 track days a year, i think multi-piece rotors would be overkill, and also too expensive..
        in all honesty i think the stock dc2R brakes are very good and pad upgrade is sufficient for street/occasional track use, even with s-tyres. its just that upgrading the rotors was so similar in price to getting stock new ones i thought it was a good opportunity to do so..
        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

DBA rotors are not Honda rotors, they actually construct the required rotor with offset and specifications to what is required. DBA is improving on reputation and reliability.

For a single piece rotor, the DBA series is a good choice, no real difference from S6/S12 rotors for less of a price. But DBA multi-piece rotors still need alot of R&D/room for improvement vs. the usual big tuners in the business.

Comment

and tinkerbell said it could cost as low as $260 (DBA 4000) from the truck distributors, what a steal!
            eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
              and tinkerbell said it could cost as low as $260 (DBA 4000) from the truck distributors, what a steal!
              $260 fro a pair is a bargain. which truck distrubutor is it?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                buy them from a truck distributor or something? i got my first DBA's from a truck parts supplier in wetheral park for $260 a pair!!! i was quoted over $400 from most "performance" shops...

e.g. try here to compare prices, http://www.atap.com.au/pv_discrotors.html
                erm guys, please note, tink bought HIS FIRST DBA rotors from a truck parts supplier. He didn't specify if they were DBA 4000 discs.

I'm with szy, My car is driven on the street 99% of the time. Just as long as it can withstand the punishment of an occasional track day, I'm good with it.

Anyone can shed some light on why rear rotors are more expensive than the fronts? or is it plainly because people don't change the rear discs are much as the fronts?

Comment

cldc2 can read!!!!!!!! $260 was for DBA slotted standard...

but i do wish i could rememebr where it was... sooo long ago now... sorry if i mislead anyone as to the price...

but seriously, ring around - you will find a competitive price!
                  ... retired/

Comment

rears are not generally more expensive than the fronts,

maybe check the prices from another source?
                    ... retired/

Comment

DBA factory tour anyone?
                      happyhong says:
                      aus only have 3 r
                      happyhong says:
                      civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

Working...
                      X