No announcement yet.

The DC2 Castor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it depends on a few things. Mainly which wheels are driven.

A mildly understeering RWD car would be better for the circuit than an oversteery RWD one.

However, mild oversteer in a FWD car which can be tamed with the right boot is often desirable. If you look at how a stock DC2R sits when in a long sweeping corner on the limit, the car looks to be in a natural oversteer stance.

There are also different types of oversteer, well, different scenarios they can occur. Mild lift-off oversteer is a desirable trait in FWD cars as it allows the car to turn in better. A DC2R would be a totally different (ie. boring) experience if it didn't have this trait.

We are going off topic here anyway... I'll stop!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

how'd the wheel alignment go milkman????
      ... retired/

Comment

Just read this thread...Very interesting and has helped me a learn a lot about suspension...the banter between tinks and freaky is also enjoyable

I have one question...there is also no need to discuss the positive or negative effects of such a scenario.

If you were to swap the UCA's + add a whiteline castor kit, would you effectively be adding ~4-5 deg castor?

cheers
        Last edited by zel05; 20-09-08, 02:02 PM.

Comment

yes, it would add more than just swapping the UCAs only, in my opinion...
          ... retired/

Comment

Tink.

I may have missed it in the thread...but what were your findings when taking measurements of the stock UCA and aftermarket UCA? ie. would swapping aftermarket UCA's have any effect on castor?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              how'd the wheel alignment go milkman????
              Haven't done it yet! Haven't touched the car since Luff.

I'm definitely gonna get it done soon, as I have a trackday coming up. I'll ask Doug then and post here.
              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Originally posted by zel05 View Post
                Tink.

I may have missed it in the thread...but what were your findings when taking measurements of the stock UCA and aftermarket UCA? ie. would swapping aftermarket UCA's have any effect on castor?
                have not put the aftermarket ones that i have on yeyt, but i will post back here once i do...
                ... retired/

Comment

That swapping sides for UCA to increase castor only works on OEM UCA right? I have the buddyclub UCA and was thinking about swapping L-R but then thought it might bend after prolong usage or something... I've looked at whiteline before and not game enough to trust their castor kit. What are you guys using to increase castor?

Comment

aftermarket UCAs should follow the same design and dimensions of OEM UCA's ,the difference being they offer an adjustment of camber.
                    If you leave the adjustment to OEM spec , im sure the castor etc would reflect OEM UCA's - with the specs changing as you adjust the camber obviously

Comment

note well: the UCA swap CAN lead to INTERFERENCE betweeen parts (in extreme situations).

therefore you MUST ensure that aftermarket arms do not hit the wheel well if swapped...

the OEM ones will hit if you slam too low, so the non-OEM ones might too...

(also - some aftermarket arms can also cause interference when NOT swapped, so this is why i note this here as important)
                      ... retired/

Comment

You can try trial fitting , and placing the front suspension thru its movement range without shocks installed. Replicate any possible catch points

Comment

yes ben! trial fitting FTW
                          ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                          X