Engine mount inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine mount inserts

I have 2 torn engine mounts and was wondering are engine mount inserts a "quick fix" for torn engine mounts. Will it be as good as new? Energy suspension sells the inserts for around 75 bucks whereas a new set of engine mounts are 500ish.

althought once torn i personally would not recommend just having inserts..

i would say either replace them or you could do a "repair" diy filling it with polyurathane.. that does work..

heres a link to a DIY Mugsee and I did

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=2537
    Last edited by Wlee2; 06-05-08, 11:14 PM. Reason: ninja edit
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

mount inserts will generate a huge amount of vibrations to the whole car (my one does anyway). i have the energy suspension inserts in my car and i dont recommend it unless u dont mind the vibrations on low revs. on the other hand it did made my car feel abit more responsive.

i would say save up to get a new set of mounts, but if u dont have the cash or want to do a DIY then use the inserts till u can get new mounts.

stock mounts r too soft, thus why they break so easily. but they do provide a comfortable ride.

from wot i have read and opinions from other ppl, Mugen mounts are good quality and still keeping as close as to stock mount specs, 20% more stiffer then stock is wot i've heard (correct me if im wrong).

Comment

except you get mugen mounts....any aftermarket mounts will give you similar vibrations same as insert did.....so if you are on a budget....either one is good....you still end up paying the same labour fee unless you DIY......
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

if your on a really tight budget do the repair..

usually only one mount tears at a time.. most likely the rear.

you can just replace the rear or take out the rear and poly it and put it back in.

you dont have to replace all 4 of your mounts most replacement mounts for all of them cost a fair bit even OEM honda ones..

not a fan of the mugen mounts.. i rather live with the insane vibration caused by stiffer aftermarket ones =P..
          Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

You can't actually poly fill the driver side mount, rite?

BTW a bit off topic but also good to know

I heard / read it somewhere running with broken mounts could crack / damage ur header. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by black_dc_5 View Post
              I heard / read it somewhere running with broken mounts could crack / damage ur header. Is that true?
              Not sure for DC5s.... But on the DC2, the header has a lower bracket so it doesn't stress the welds where it it bolted to the manifold as much. However, there is no flex-pipe in the system so the flex has to be taken up in the join between the header and the cat.

Either way, any additional movement caused by a broken engine mount certainly isn't a good thing...
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Yes you will damage an aftermarket header, if a given tolerance isnt built into the system. Toda Headers are known to break their flex pipes when the rear engine mount fails.
                'freakygeek is the stig'

Comment

Is it recommended to do all the mounts at once instead of just replacing the broken ones?

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
                    Is it recommended to do all the mounts at once instead of just replacing the broken ones?
                    ehh did u not read my post..

you can just replace the broken ones.
                    but if you wanna splurge.. or have reason to replace all of them it be your installing harsher mounts and not just replacing them with OEM..

if your using OEM might as well just replace the broken ones
                    Memorable quotes

Comment

Yeah i didn't want to just repair the rear one with poly because i can't take it out myself.

Comment

I'm not too sure how the poly thing would be reliable overtime.
                        I'd probably suggest to go aftermarket to save the hassle next time.

Comment

Working...
                        X