Members Review - Mugen Air Intake for DC2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    Nice review, but is 800 worth it for 1-2kw gains? Why not jsut make your own piping with an air filter, you'll probably yeild more gains that way. Thats my opinion. You should spend the moeny of some decent quality headers that can yield 10kw atw rather than 1-2kw.
    From what it sounds like, elwood has gained more torque throughout his rev range. This would be handy for street driving.

Not everything is measure by a dyno sheet.

I prefer having a more torque in the lower to mid range than gaining a few kw
    up in the high end which u dont always utilize....
    Well...actually depends on the driver hehe

Thats my 2c
    Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

more torque through the whole rev range will show up as exactly that on a dyno sheet..

what you probably mean is that the max power measured on a dyno run doesnt say much.. and i agree!

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
        I have the opening of the airbox facing the blinker. Forward not up...
        Is it better having it facing the blinker, instead of facing upwards?

Also comparing with the Injen intake, does the Injen intake screams louder?
        Last edited by TanK; 08-06-08, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Agreed its quite expensive, and for little gains.. - But welcome to N/A tuning

I think it makes a good starting point for future modifications..

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post
            absolutely.
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post

I think it makes a good starting point for future modifications..
              If you research more instead of these JDM brands then it won't be as expensive .

Never liked the mugen airbox, looks to restrictive. My mate had a mugen dc2r airbox, sold it and bought a CAI from the US and used a blox v/stack airfilter now. Works much better then mugen.
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Built. Tuned. Driven
              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

$800 dollars for an intake? CAI is about 450 right?

Comment

You won't regret the mugen intake. Its all its been revved upto be. lol..

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by justinfox
                  You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
                    You won't regret the mugen intake. Its all its been revved upto be. lol..
                    Thats true. You can see the quality in it.
                    "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

You can hear and feel the quality in when its on yours car, haha!!!

peice of piss to install as well..

Quote:
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

i like the mugen one but i have the injen one. but you wouldnt feel any gains through the rpm range, only placebo coz your hearing more noise.. should respond to the accelerator tho
                        DCIIR

Comment

Originally posted by BlackITR View Post
                          Does the Injen CAI whistle, I got a poxy Unifilter Pod in my DC2R and it whistles. First time I put it on I thought I had broken it!
                          the injen one sounds amazing, it sounds like a blowoff when revving it, it rly howls, but the mugen one looks so good!
                          DCIIR

Comment

Where do you get replacement filter elements for this intake?

Where to get the oil from?

How often do i need to clean the filter element?

How do i clean it?

Comment

You never need a replacement filter, You just use K&N filter oil, the air filter I had supplied with my mugen intake was actually a K&N filter. Clean it every 10-20,000kms depending on driving conditions..

Quote:

Comment

mugen does sell element replacment, but like DC2R said , you can just use k&N cleanning kit to wash it , it is not easy to get dirty since it is not open pod
                                Spoon caliper
                                Mugen intake for sale

Comment

Working...
                                X