X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^LOL..

..Me too

Comment

hehehe yeah it is kinda cool - in the CCT i like to do it and hear it echo off the walls.

.... Then make every one look in their rear view when I drop it 2 gears
      "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Does the Injen CAI whistle, I got a poxy Unifilter Pod in my DC2R and it whistles. First time I put it on I thought I had broken it!

Comment

my car whistles and i only have a k&n o.O is there anything else that causes a whistle around 3-4000 revs?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            very nice write up Elwood

the biggest gain is probably not actually from the part itself, but from the removal of the restrictive OEM airbox assembly... (which is what fatboyz glossed over in his opinion that a pipe and high-flow filter would be just as good...)

interesting..
            i remember seeing a stock dc2r being dyno-ed, then on the 3rd run, the (dodgy) dyno-operator pulled the intake tube from the airfilter box to see how restrictive the intake was (ie did a run with no airfilter) and the dyno result showed the same peak power..(dont know how the rest of the dyno graph compared thru the rev range tho..)
            this would lead you to beleive that the stock airbox design is very good and not restrictive at all?
            "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
              interesting..
              i remember seeing a stock dc2r being dyno-ed, then on the 3rd run, the (dodgy) dyno-operator pulled the intake tube from the airfilter box to see how restrictive the intake was (ie did a run with no airfilter) and the dyno result showed the same peak power..(dont know how the rest of the dyno graph compared thru the rev range tho..)
              this would lead you to beleive that the stock airbox design is very good and not restrictive at all?
              A couple of years back, had my car on the dyno and did two runs, one with the Mugen Intake on and one with the intake tubing disconnected from the intake. Throughout the whole rev range power was less with no intake connected.
              ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Hey have a look at my DIY modification of the stock airbox i welded 100mm sewerage pipe to it. cant really go any bigger then 100mm due to wont fit in the engine bay have a look good for a laugh
                Attached Files
                Living The Midnight Dream

Comment

Nice Job!

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
                    my car whistles and i only have a k&n o.O is there anything else that causes a whistle around 3-4000 revs?
                    Resonator removed?

When you removed it, it should scream even louder, you could also DIY a custom box on top of the pod for colder air = screaming harder

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                      A couple of years back, had my car on the dyno and did two runs, one with the Mugen Intake on and one with the intake tubing disconnected from the intake. Throughout the whole rev range power was less with no intake connected.
                      oh ok. interesting..hmm..
                      "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

How did you put the splash plate on? I'm stuck LOL... everything is done besides that..
                        CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by RichyR View Post
                          How did you put the splash plate on? I'm stuck LOL... everything is done besides that..
                          that splash plate kind of "moulds" itself into place... so screw on one side, i think top first from memory, and the screw the 'front' part on and it just magically 'bends' and sits the way it should...

hey jim80y... you still got our pics of my install?

Comment

Originally posted by rayDC2R View Post
                            that splash plate kind of "moulds" itself into place... so screw on one side, i think top first from memory, and the screw the 'front' part on and it just magically 'bends' and sits the way it should...

hey jim80y... you still got our pics of my install?
                            Thanks ray,

found some pics on hondatech

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=528906

I can't heard the whistle though, I had a whistle when I had the K&N pod in stock box. Maybe my exhaust is too loud to hear it LOL
                            CARSFORHOPE

Comment

I have the opening of the airbox facing the blinker. Forward not up...

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
                                I have the opening of the airbox facing the blinker. Forward not up...
                                same
                                http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Working...
                                X