Buddyclub N+ vs. Cusco Zero2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddyclub N+ vs. Cusco Zero2

It's time to redo my suspension, as the lowered stock stocks and king superlows sucks. I've had enough of bottoming out driving to work.

The car is a 100% daily driver, with Willowbank (1/4 mile) once every couple months, and trackday once every 6 months. But primarily daily driver to/from work.

Sways/Struts and Bushes I know what I'm getting. But I can't decide on what Coilovers I want.

As she's a daily, I want to drop my DC2 (stock 4x100+42 195/55/R15) 2-2.5". Low, but legal -without scrubbing. Other than that, I want them to be soft enough that the girlfriend won't complain (so I don't have to tell her to STFU) but I still want them to fight tight and controlled.

Is N+ perfect for me? Or should I invest the extra ~$500 and get Cusco Zero2? Can both of these drop my DC2 2.5", without effecting pre-load or any other negative effects? After dumping her on king superlows, the ride is pathetic.

Thanks,
    Matt

Originally posted by Bangz View Post
    It's time to redo my suspension, as the lowered stock stocks and king superlows sucks. I've had enough of bottoming out driving to work.

The car is a 100% daily driver, with Willowbank (1/4 mile) once every couple months, and trackday once every 6 months. But primarily daily driver to/from work.

Sways/Struts and Bushes I know what I'm getting. But I can't decide on what Coilovers I want.

As she's a daily, I want to drop my DC2 (stock 4x100+42 195/55/R15) 2-2.5". Low, but legal -without scrubbing.

legal relates to 100mm of ground clearance at lowest point of car...

Other than that, I want them to be soft enough that the girlfriend won't complain (so I don't have to tell her to STFU) but I still want them to fight tight and controlled.

maybe get 6-8Kg/mm front springs and 4-5kg/mm rear springs?

i have run 8k front 6k rear and it was OK, but still 'harsh'

i am running 12k front adn 8k rear now and it is 'very harsh'

Is N+ perfect for me? Or should I invest the extra ~$500 and get Cusco Zero2? Can both of these drop my DC2 2.5", without effecting pre-load or any other negative effects? After dumping her on king superlows, the ride is pathetic.

Thanks,
    Matt
    i am runnign zero2's and they are very old and still work fine - so in terms of "relaibility" they ahve passes the test...

but really you are askign about ride comfort - whioch is determined by the "spring rates" as i have indicated in bold above...

what are the rates of the springs that come with the BC and what are the rates of the springs that come with the cuscos?

i know the zero2's dont affect "pre-load" as they are "perch adjustable", but dunno about the BC's...

negatives = 2.5in drop will incerase camber and scrub out tyres eventually with out a camber kit...
    ... retired/

Comment

I'll be getting a camber kit.

I was thinking 10/8 on the Zero2's and running 1F/1R for Daily. I've heard they are okay for daily driver? But then, these are the same people who think Exedy HD clutch is too heavy for Daily, and I think it's fine. It's hard to gauge correctly.

tinkerbell, what clicks are you running F/R for "very harsh". Doing a search, your running modifed APEXI springs? Maybe thats why? Mine will be OEM 10/8K Cusco's.

Comment

hmmm, lets keep this as consistent as possible eh?

you mentioned youf GF - do you care, or do you not?

i give no fuck at all about my 12k/8k set-up - i love it,

my wife hates it though.

so what are your parameters?

if it is "keep GF happy" then 10k/8k = NO WAY.

unless brisbane roads are 100% better than sydney roads...

the easy way is to go and test drive your mates cars with various set -ups...

this topic is so subjective it is useless providing advice.
        ... retired/

Comment

brisbane roads are alot better than sydney .
          both suspension have dual height adjustable and adj damper
          Last edited by eg5; 17-07-07, 02:08 PM.
          JDMyard Pty Ltd / Hardrace AU
          25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 97572365
          Email : yonas@jdmyard.com

Comment

generally speaking, the N+ is engineered to be more 'street' and less 'track' orientated, with slightly lower 10kg front and 6kg rear spring rates.

Our own experience here has also found that N+ operates at noise levels near standard

The N+ also comes with a 2 year full replacement warranty on the shocks and springs themselves, which is also another plus.
            Further to that, we're always happy to listen to any problems or any other feedback you might have. That is why we are here
            Last edited by BuddyClub; 19-07-07, 02:13 PM.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au
            Contact Us! - support AT buddyclub.com.au
            We're here to help!!

Comment

i have tein ss and my gf doesn't seem to mind...it depends on what she's comfortable with.

unless you and her go test ride other suspensions, (or you spending alot of money just to find the perfect suspension to satisfy her comfort level), this is going to be very hard to overcome. she just needs to learn it's a "sports" car...not a luxury sedan you are driving.

Comment

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                she just needs to learn it's a "sports" car...not a luxury sedan you are driving.
                if she doesn't understand, than get her to drive her own eco friendly grocery getter... or drop her off at the nearest bus/train station... and if those dont work, keep the taxi ph number saved on your mobile

Comment

You can't have the best of both worlds so you'll need to decide if you want to keep the gf happy or not.
                  happyhong says:
                  aus only have 3 r
                  happyhong says:
                  civic R, integra R and jonnieR

Comment

I chose the latter =)

I'm running 12/8 combo on my cusco zero 2.
                    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by Bangz View Post
                      I was thinking 10/8 on the Zero2's and running 1F/1R for Daily.
                      Are you referring to the damper setting with the 1F/1R ?

If so, keep in mind that under-damped configurations will result in a less comfortable ride due to the "bouncy" effect of the damper not controlling the spring effectively...
                      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

freaky - Zero2's are only 5 settings,

mine is OK on setting 1 at rear with 8K springs and setting 2 on front with 12K springs...

IMO - they must be quite stiff "as manufactured" to do this, so wont be "underdamped" on lowest setting - even with high rate springs...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                          freaky - Zero2's are only 5 settings,

mine is OK on setting 1 at rear with 8K springs and setting 2 on front with 12K springs...

IMO - they must be quite stiff "as manufactured" to do this, so wont be "underdamped" on lowest setting - even with high rate springs...
                          Yup, point taken.

I would have thought this to be the case, however I know with certain combinations of spring and damper you can select damping which is too soft... I guess just making sure the OP understands the relationship between comfort and correctly matched spring/damper setup.
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

yeah, and as i have no experiecne with BC dampers -

i would just like to clarify that my statements in relation to "underdampening" relates ONLY to Cusco Zero2 coil-overs.
                            ... retired/

Comment

In my own experience, underdampened coilovers are actually worse than really stiffer units.

I found the underreaction to even small dips in the road made for a pretty poor ride. Often sitting in the back seats (where the under damening was the worst) was really quite uncomfortable. Forgive the cliche, but i often felt seasick in the back seats after even a short trip. The springs are left to do most of the work, and the suspension takes 2 or 3 times as long to properly settle, ready for the next undulation or corner. (think about those cars you see with super low springs and soft shocks - bounce bounce bounce) Softer springs usually won't fix the problem either.. but in my own experience, its usually under-springing which is the worst in terms of ride. But again that is more easily solved with stiffer springs.

I think the best bet is to find some members with the coilovers you are after - and not just hitch a ride, but actually have a drive. The suspension feeling varies weather you are driving or you are a passenger

If you're unhappy with your current set-up... have a look at the latest offer that Buddy club has on its range of suspension. The index page has all the details. Http://www.buddyclub.com.au
                              Last edited by BuddyClub; 18-07-07, 06:14 PM.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au
                              Contact Us! - support AT buddyclub.com.au
                              We're here to help!!

Comment

Working...
                              X