clutch + flywheel for dc2r (+LSD?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch + flywheel for dc2r (+LSD?)

my car will soon reach the 100,000km mark and i still have the original clutch, which seems to be holding up very well. however i'm guessing that eventually it will start to show signs of wear and need replacing.
    does anyone have experience with aftermarket clutches? recommendations? opinions? suggestions? and i'm guessing its wise to change the flywheel to a new+lighter one? what is a good compromise for a street/occasional track car? obviously u don't want to go too light?

and regarding the stock LSD, what are the signs of it wearing? and is there any advantage in terms of installation to change it while ur changing the clutch/flywheel? (sorry for my mechanical noobiness)
    any suggestions/experience with aftermarket?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

flywheel .. i just went for the lightest one that i could get .. i personally cant say that there is "too light" for a flywheel..
    a light flywheel is an awesome mod btw..

clutches.. my car is a street/occasional track car also .. and i really couldnt see the need for an ogura or a exedy super single .. whatever..
    to be honest my itr clutch was holding up fine .. even on track .. i couldnt feel it slipping .. so ive just gone for something that can hold 30% more power than stock ..

LSD .. i think they are very hard to break .. but i think that if u want to change =P go for the ATS carbon that jason and troy are rocking..
    droooollllz
    Farewell TYP88R

Comment

I would get a 1.5way LSD if you change your clutch. I have the ORC Single Plate clutch with 3.8kg flywheel kit, it's awesome.
      I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

What is so awesome about it? (3.8kg flywheel) (honest question)
        I can see the benefit in 1st and a little in 2nd.. cos it helps you accelerate faster but are there other significant benefits?

Comment

I meant the clutch is awesome, sorry
          I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

I've had the Exedy Organic with Toda fly for about 40k kms now, but as soon as it dies I'll either go for the Toda Hi Power or ORC single, last time I tried the ORC I loved it. It's lighter than the Exedy but grippier, the Exedy needs a pretty heavy foot to push it down.
            ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

the stock one wont really wear as it has no real wear parts to it.

the ats carbon was a fantastic mod to the car. i really didnt think it would have made such a difference, i was really suprised. The car feels better through corners and under braking.

Comment

jason are you running the 1.5 way?

Comment

ive had the Exedy Cerametalic clutch and a 3.9kg ultralite FW for about 3 years now and as much as it is the better mod's for your car, if i dont drive it hard it starts to glaze and squeal on clutch release and also there isnt much distance between engage/release which makes me occasionally stall.... ( and yes i know its just me, and i never said i was a great driver...) hehehe

its funny watching someone hop in my car and stall it the 1st few times they go to take off.......

They need an aggressive driver and or constant hard clutching to keep them working well.....which also then means they will also wear out faster than the OEM etc..... well at least i think so.

Comment

I like the setup in Tony's (Justified) car!

I'm not sure what clutch & flywheel it is though

Comment

Originally posted by hebe
                      I like the setup in Tony's (Justified) car!

I'm not sure what clutch & flywheel it is though
                      Stock y0
                      hehe

Comment

Stop lying!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers
                          jason are you running the 1.5 way?
                          yes, 1.5 way is best for FWD cars.

Comment

serious question..
                            did the carbon lsd weigh any lighter than the stock lsd?
                            Farewell TYP88R

Comment

Originally posted by BlackDC2
                              the stock one wont really wear as it has no real wear parts to it.
                              u mean the stock lsd? or the stock clutch/flywheel? (im assuming u mean lsd..)

Originally posted by BlackDC2
                              the ats carbon was a fantastic mod to the car. i really didnt think it would have made such a difference, i was really suprised. The car feels better through corners and under braking.
                              so youre very happy with the ats 1.5 way lsd? it doesnt understeer more?

what clutch/flywheel are you using?
                              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                              X