• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, we all wish we had air compressors
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by OZ-227 View Post
      Wouldn't that still keep air in??.... as you stated the tube goes down to the bottom of the bottle.
      Unless you have the tube going Up before it goes down into the bottle, thus forming an S shape. The small bubbles of air ejected with the peddal push, will raise slowing in the tube. When you let your foot off the pedal, the air bubble will get sucked right back in again. One pedal push wouldn't be enought to push the air bubbles completly out of the tube.
      Not unless you repeatedly pumped it.... Wow, I'm beginning to see why that way uses so much fluid.

I use the Vac bleed method, No probs with proper compressed air setup. Except for getting in afterwards & sometimes having to pedal nearly hit the floor...pump,pump....all fine, check level in Res again.
      I have to push it a few times to make sure there's no air bubbles inside the tube. I also put the bottle higher than where the bleeder valve is so the fluid must travel upwards, then down to the bottle. I usually place the bottle inside the engine bay and inside the car boot, making sure that it's secure and won't move of course otherwise it's bye bye to paint work on the car.

Yes I use a lot of fluid, but I do not need to rely on anyone with this method. That's why when there's a sale on, I stock up my brake fluid.
      I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Working...
      X