X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"leak a bit" where?
    ... retired/

Comment

I think it leaks out of the bleeder screw, like drips a bit. Not anymore after the procedure has been completed, but during the bleeding process it did drip a bit.
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

I noticed that before.. not on my car but someone elses.. is it normally a case if you Unscrew the bleeded valve to much? because i dont think you need to turn it much to get fluid out ..im only guessing on this one though im sure tinks will come bang my head on a wall if i said something wrong =P
        Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
        some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
        Originally posted by tinkerbell
        if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
        A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
        Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

to prevent this 'weeping' of fluid, you can wrap the bleed nipples with PTFE tape, (or not unscrew it so much!)

this also prevents air entering the system via the bleed nipple screw thread...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            to prevent this 'weeping' of fluid, you can wrap the bleed nipples with PTFE tape, (or not unscrew it so much!)

this also prevents air entering the system via the bleed nipple screw thread...

hey tinks would it mater if we doing the Pump and Hold method? where we tighten the nipple prior to lifting up the brake peddle? and rinse and repeat?
            Memorable quotes

Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

"pump and hold" is the only method to use.

anyone who does the "open nipple and pump" is silly...

this is a quote from a recent PM discussion with a CITR memebr:

then fill the master cylinder up and start pumping away with your dad!

(my dad usually brings a book down when we bleed my brakes, he sits in the drivers seat and waits for me to shout "pump" - then he pumps the pedal 3 times and holds it down, i then release the bleeder, let the fluid flow, then close the bleeder and shout "pump" and he pumps the pedal 3 times and holds it down, i then release the bleeder, let the fluid flow, then close the bleeder and shout "pump" etc etc

when i move to the next wheel - he relaxes and reads his book, waiting for me to shout "pump" again...)
              ... retired/

Comment

unless you had actual access to specialized tools. for vacuum and pressure meathod i guess pump and hold is the only method..
                Memorable quotes

Comment

i bought a MityVac vacuum pump...

useless.

pump and hold FTW!!!
                  ... retired/

Comment

useless.

pump and hold FTW!!!
                    well i agree i do pump and hold as well.. u tried the mityvac?.. i was kinda curious to the pressure method, apparently "professionals" use it... looks interesting though..
                    Memorable quotes

Comment

how much is the vacuum... Ive always wanted on...

pump and hold is the only option unlesss u have a one way nipple with the milk only coming outwards.

and make sure your aint too aggressive on the pump and hold method as you can also blow master cylinder seals.. especially on older cars where the piston isnt use to being pushed that far

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

We use PUMP and HOLD method. Works well.
                        Last edited by fatboyz39; 22-03-07, 10:32 PM. Reason: typo
                        BYP Racing & Developments
                        Built. Tuned. Driven
                        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

useless.

pump and hold FTW!!!
                          Thought these were the ultimate
                          F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

yeah, the ultimate pain in the asss!!!!

did it with this, it was no good, then did it with my dad's right foot = FTW!
                            ... retired/

Comment

I use a clear tube, put it in an empty 2L juice bottle, making sure that the clear tube will touch the bottom of the bottle. Open the valve, pump pedals until the fluid goes into the bottle, then pump it a few more times, get out and close the valve. This method is good because I can do this myself without anyone's help. When you let go of the pedal, the fluid that is pumped out will still be inside the tube because of vaccum, so if it's sucked back inside, the fluid is what is sucking back in, not much can go back inside.

Only downside to this method is that you have to use/waste more brake fluid.
                              I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Wouldn't that still keep air in??.... as you stated the tube goes down to the bottom of the bottle.
                                Unless you have the tube going Up before it goes down into the bottle, thus forming an S shape. The small bubbles of air ejected with the peddal push, will raise slowing in the tube. When you let your foot off the pedal, the air bubble will get sucked right back in again. One pedal push wouldn't be enought to push the air bubbles completly out of the tube.
                                Not unless you repeatedly pumped it.... Wow, I'm beginning to see why that way uses so much fluid.

I use the Vac bleed method, No probs with proper compressed air setup. Except for getting in afterwards & sometimes having to pedal nearly hit the floor...pump,pump....all fine, check level in Res again.
                                sigpic
                                B.L.A.T Racing.
                                Brake Late & Turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X