No announcement yet.

16 or 17 Rims for DC2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx for tat cam... im running 15x6.5 rims...
    http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Thanks all, think I'll stick with 16's and run 205/45/16. Probably start with Toyo T1R's to start, heard they have an okay rep, specially for a $190 tyre.

Matt

Comment

Finally got around to checking the final ratio on an Australian DC2 Type R.

Even though my workshop manual for the Australian model specifies a final ratio of 4.4, the Honda parts catalog for all Australian models indicates otherwise.

The Australian part number for the final ratio is 41233-P80-E30. This part number indicates a ratio of 4.785 which is exactly the same as the Japanese spec. 98 Type R.

I checked all the part numbers of each gear ratio for the Australian gearbox and the whole box has exactly the same ratios as the 1998 onwards Japanese Type R. My spec. 96 has 4.4 final, and a different 4th and 5th ratio.

This means that the Australian DC2R is lower geared than my spec. 96. So, when I had a 3rd gear roll on with a guy in Brisbane one night a few months ago (mentioned this in another post) and I still pulled away from the guy, the Japanese model is good. I also has 205/60x15 tyres on as well that night (627mm rolling diameter instead of the standard 595mm) which makes my car even higher geared still. Only mods to my car is a Mugen intake and Tanabe exhaust with standard ECU.

Comment

Working...
        X