This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another brain fart from the mind of Robi:

How about getting an exhaust shop to custom make the 2-1 (Copying the J's Racing one as a base), and putting a cat into it.

I know there are a few guys in Brisbane that are fairly handy with with a welder and tube. The guy that did my exhuast (Rob Bliss Exhausts) did a fantastic job. And considering the pipe "looks" fairly basic, it might be something they can do.

This might be a more of an expensive option, but atleast then you don't have to cut up the original J's 2-1

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
      Requirements : must have a cat for street use.
      In near future : will run aftermarket cat.
      What I would want to know : which option is worth doing? what would you do if you were in the same situation as me?
      if i was stuck with a product that was not going to fit to my car with my current header - i would buy a header with cat and cut the 70RR and add a 3-bolt flange.

but you are ONLY asking which options is "worth doing" - you have made no mention of whether you are:

trying to save money?
      trying to get best performance?
      trying to get it on the road as quickly as possible?
      ... retired/

Comment

Ok let's say I have a budget of $1000 for a header upgrade. Looking for best performance possible and no urgency of installation.

Comment

this is a guess based on a quick but of googling...

new 4-2 section (1000) + cat (350) + welding (300) + manifold R&R (600) = $2250

new 4-2-1 header incl. cat (2000) + welding (100) + manifold R&R (600) = $2700
          ... retired/

Comment

Hrm yeah it will cost a fair bit. I liked the idea of making a replica of the J's 70RR 2-1 downpipe with a cat installed but I think that will come way out of my budget. I have someone who told me they have a Buddyclub SS Header with a cat installed on it and I could possibly get that and all I need to do is modify the exhaust and get a sway to fit it all on. But I also looked into PLM headers, being a bang for buck product with pretty good power outputs and it will fit on the stock sway right now. Doing that will save me an easy $1000 and power outputs should be pretty good but please correct me if wrong.

I'm really appreciated that you guys are giving me suggestions but deciding which header is good at a budget of around $1000 is hard. I will get back to this later tonight, at this stage a bit busy with uni.

Comment

Or just buy BYP Titanium Exhaust 70mm, complete bolt-on system for faction of the price without any headaches.

We are currently doing a special on the PLM headers as well
              BYP Racing & Developments
              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                Or just buy BYP Titanium Exhaust 70mm, complete bolt-on system for faction of the price without any headaches.

We are currently doing a special on the PLM headers as well
                Gee that makes me smile!!

Stephen you gotta talk to Benny!!!!!!!
                Moiz
                無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Ok so I've narrowed my options down and option 3 will be ditched because it's just too complex and I am not too worried about ruining the exhaust. I have people recently letting me know they have used headers like Buddyclub SS Header & Cat, J's Racing FX PRO Heat Wrapped 4-2 Header and also on top of that looking into PLM Headers as well as a used Spoon 4-2 2-1 Header & Downpipe from the states.

So it's either option 1/2 just depends what header I will go with. I'm not sure how much difference a 4-2 header would be compared to a PLM/1 piece header in terms of power but I do know that the price bracket is different, please clarify this for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X