This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J's Racing 70RR Installation Issues

So as many of you may have herd already or if not, I have already purchased/ordered my J's Racing 70RR for the DC5R and is now in the process of production in Japan. I have around 1 month to think about how I can install the exhaust before it arrives in my hands. So here are the current options I have thought of ~

Option 1 * Ditch the 2-1 downpipe then cut pipe and weld a 3 bolt flange to fit straight onto the cat (catback exhaust).

Option 2 * Buy a JDM DC5R header & EP3 Sway, bolt it straight on and go down to exhaust shop to cut and weld a 100/200 cell cat on to the 2-1 downpipe provided with the 70RR.

What I had in mind was to go with Option 1, then get the exhaust shop to weld a flange onto 2-1 downpipe and can be used as a test pipe for track/dyno and get a aftermarket 4-2 header with 2-1 downpipe with cat later on in the future.

Would like to get more ideas from you guys and what you think about the options I have mentioned. Many thanks

Originally posted by Stephen_AUS View Post
    So as many of you may have herd already or if not, I have already purchased/ordered my J's Racing 70RR for the DC5R and is now in the process of production in Japan. I have around 1 month to think about how I can install the exhaust before it arrives in my hands. So here are the current options I have thought of ~

Option 1 * Ditch the 2-1 downpipe then cut pipe and weld a 3 bolt flange to fit straight onto the cat (catback exhaust).

Option 2 * Buy a JDM DC5R header & EP3 Sway, bolt it straight on and go down to exhaust shop to cut and weld a 100/200 cell cat on to the 2-1 downpipe provided with the 70RR.

What I had in mind was to go with Option 1, then get the exhaust shop to weld a flange onto 2-1 downpipe and can be used as a test pipe for track/dyno and get a aftermarket 4-2 header with 2-1 downpipe with cat later on in the future.

Would like to get more ideas from you guys and what you think about the options I have mentioned. Many thanks
    Please do not cut the exhaust system (B-pipe) or anything of the exhaust system.
    Do not take this exhaust system to a noob who will butcher it!

No offense, you should of bought the 60RR which is cat standard (User friend and direct bolt on the JDM DC5R Headers), the 70RR is a Race exhaust system hence why it's decat, no resonators or mufflers. (Not a major difference in gains buddy, just the weight savings)
    Only option really is option 2 but do not weld the cat to any part of the 70RR Exhaust System.

I suggest you think hard about what your going to do because this exhaust is EPIC Loud, will attract alot of attention plus the de-cat is a major issue.
    It's not a friendly street exhaust, hence why if you bought it from JDM Concept, it does say Race Use Only but it is available for purchase to public.

For those who don't know how loud it is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ-5npNB-rU

Enjoy.
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 28-02-12, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
      Please do not cut the exhaust system (B-pipe) or anything of the exhaust system.
      Do not take this exhaust system to a noob who will butcher it!

No offense, you should of bought the 60RR which is cat standard (User friend and direct bolt on the JDM DC5R Headers), the 70RR is a Race exhaust system hence why it's decat, no resonators or mufflers. (Not a major difference in gains buddy, just the weight savings)
      Only option really is option 2 but do not weld the cat to any part of the 70RR Exhaust System.

I suggest you think hard about what your going to do because this exhaust is EPIC Loud, will attract alot of attention plus the de-cat is a major issue.
      It's not a friendly street exhaust, hence why if you bought it from JDM Concept, it does say Race Use Only but it is available for purchase to public.

Enjoy.
      First of all, I have made very wise decisions and if I do end up making into a b-pipe, it will be taken to a professional. Not a cheapo exhaust shop like the one down Moss St.

The exhaust is a decat race exhaust but it does have a resonator installed. I have already taken into consideration about modifying the exhaust but just which way it should be modified. As you said, I know power gains wont be very much extra compared to a 60RS exhaust but I did like the tone, sizing and design.

I do know it has been designed to have no cat and have done my research about this exhaust and similar exhausts to this (ie. Mugen N1). I have considered about the noise level too, I recently owned a Buddyclub Pro Spec Catback Exhaust and in WOT it did have a high db reading and if I do go ahead with the modification to turn into a b-pipe ... you could say db reading would drop 5-10db with the stock cat. And I will not be running a de-cat as it is way too risky and not worth copping a huge fine.

So really all I need is suggestions on possibly how I could install this thing, basically requirements are must have a cat installed. I also do know what modifications I would have to go though, the risks and I do know about the product (decat & loud).
      Last edited by Stephen_AUS; 28-02-12, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post

Enjoy.
        Sounds like a Whisper compared to my exhaust haha

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
          what lol scary
          Shak's S2000

Comment

You have the BYP Titanium right ? I herd it on the video that BYP linked on Facebook. Yours does sound loud too, but such a deeper tone haha

Comment

lol post a vid.
              k20A DC2R

Comment

You have the BYP Titanium right ? I herd it on the video that BYP linked on Facebook. Yours does sound loud too, but such a deeper tone haha
                haha yeah mate thats my car..it sounds awsome!

Comment

So different compared to the 70RR! Sounds MEAN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4pg1O_dmHw

Comment

Just cut into test pipe and weld cat onto there. No adverse effects except you prevent yourself from being one of those dicks who contribute to the death of our planet.

Comment

Back to the OP's topic for a second, assuming you're going to use a 1 piece header like the AUDM stock or TODA etc. not a JDM 2 piece is to mimic the 2-1 end on your car piece. i.e. How the 70RR bpipe slides in instead of bolting in, either create an end for that and bolt it to your cat or modify the end of your cat. This will depend how good / creative your exhaust shop is.

Or worst comes to worst just get a JDM 4 - 2 and weld a cat onto the 2-1. Keep in mind it's titanium so you'll need to make sure your exhaust place can do that too.

Comment

such a waste to cut the 70RR exhaust =(

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
                          such a waste to cut the 70RR exhaust =(
                          my thoughts exactly
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                            Back to the OP's topic for a second, assuming you're going to use a 1 piece header like the AUDM stock or TODA etc. not a JDM 2 piece is to mimic the 2-1 end on your car piece. i.e. How the 70RR bpipe slides in instead of bolting in, either create an end for that and bolt it to your cat or modify the end of your cat. This will depend how good / creative your exhaust shop is.

Or worst comes to worst just get a JDM 4 - 2 and weld a cat onto the 2-1. Keep in mind it's titanium so you'll need to make sure your exhaust place can do that too.
                            Titanium version is discontinued, but I did buy the Stainless Steel version so it becomes more easier to modify.

Comment

So really all I need is suggestions on possibly how I could install this thing,
                              srsly?

you will ask here, then goto exhaust shop and say "they said this" then exhaust shop says "nah, you should do this..."

go with what they say... not what we say...

an i really don't get how you 'researched' a 70RR, then seek info on how to stick with AUDM header?
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X