No announcement yet.

Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

went in search of some prices today for tyres just to see how much difference there was between the usa and here..

asked for prices on following at a couple of tyre places in geelong -

Dunlop z1 - couldnt find in dunlop brouchure so no price
    RE 001 - $308 and $208
    Advan AD08 - $395 and $324

just thought u guys mite have a laugh, i know i did..

thinking ill order some tyres from tirerack rite now!

i've also got another question a mate has 225/35/18 on a '98 wrx and we couldnt find any decent tyres for it and wanted to know would it make a massive difference if he put 225/40/18's on it???
    Last edited by mrntegra; 17-12-10, 07:45 PM.
    FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Please share your experience on buying tires from overseas such as TireRack, generally how much more should i expect to pay for shipping and custom clearance on top of the tire price if i am looking at buying a set of 4 tyres.

Basically for exmaple if 4 tyre cost me $1000 how much more on top to get it to my door??

Comment

Originally posted by edfung81 View Post
        Please share your experience on buying tires from overseas such as TireRack, generally how much more should i expect to pay for shipping and custom clearance on top of the tire price if i am looking at buying a set of 4 tyres.

Basically for exmaple if 4 tyre cost me $1000 how much more on top to get it to my door??
        expect to pay between300-350 for shipping for 4 tyres. TireRack is an excellent store, i will always be buying Z1SS from there from now on

Comment

how much are you guys paying for re001's in 205/50/15??
          can get em fitted for 129 each.

sounds decent right????

Comment

Originally posted by KC. View Post
            how much are you guys paying for re001's in 205/50/15??
            can get em fitted for 129 each.

sounds decent right????
            that sounds ok.. but when i was speaking to a bridgestone dealer they told me that re001's were discontinued! If u want some wicked tyres and dont mind paying for shipping get your tyres from tirerack.com! i got 4x215/45/17 dunlop z1ss's for 850 delivered! had re001's last set and these are heaps better mate but will wear quicker
            FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Please share your experience and procedure in buying from Tire Rack, i have registerd and selected my purchase but it seems the online purchase is only made for US and Canadian wonder how you guys orgainsed purchase to Australia

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by edfung81 View Post
                Please share your experience and procedure in buying from Tire Rack, i have registerd and selected my purchase but it seems the online purchase is only made for US and Canadian wonder how you guys orgainsed purchase to Australia

Many Thanks
                when purchasing from tirerack you must contact their sales dept by email to organise a quote and bank details to be sent to you. Off memory i spoke to Grant who was very helpful.

Comment

I'll have a looka at tirerack then!

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                    when purchasing from tirerack you must contact their sales dept by email to organise a quote and bank details to be sent to you. Off memory i spoke to Grant who was very helpful.
                    we just ordered our set of RE11 for our dc2r, we dealt with Alex who was great, had to wire the $ into their bank acc in the states as they only accept bank TT as payment for intl orders. This service can cost up to $40 from your local bank over the counter, and less if your internet banking setup supports it. We are lucky to have a mate who works at a bank who did it for free, but even with the bank fee at the current ex rate of close to USD$1.10 per AUD we cant complain.

Tire rack did bump up prices of some tyres to reflect the weaker USD recently however.
                    Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Bridgestone are superceding the RE001 with the RE002 on the 1st of June this year, will be interesting to see how they compare to the RE001 which I thought was a pretty reasonable tyre for the money. Will be trying them out on my CR-X hopefully but would like to hear anyone else's opinions if they are looking at getting them shortly. HERE is an article on carsales regarding the tyre and the official Bridgestone info is HERE and HERE.

Comment

Nice find Tom!

May give it a try next time for tyres!
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

looking for a replacement set of tyres for my dc2r. rang up a few places too see what they have and pricing etc.

ku31s 110ea
                          toyos 135ea
                          re001s 145ea

are the toyos/bridgestones worth forking out the extra? cars only being used for street driving with a spirited drives every now and again..

any help would be nice, thanks
                          MY VTEC GOOOES!BAAAAAABWAAAAAAH

Comment

I got my last set of RE001's for $500 fitted on standard DC2R rims.

Well worth the money.

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by justinfox
                            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Added this thread to the Technical Index thread.
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

hey all, does the 1000 dollar non-taxable import limit apply to tyres as well?
                                when we are talking about $1000, i assume that would include the shipping cost?
                                - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                                X