Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Goal 4 Ur Car ......

To all the Honda and other car owners

Do you guys/ladys have any goal of how you want to built your car ....

Example - Some buy it for daily drive so won't do much
    Some buy it to go for track so they build a track car
    Some buy it and change every part that can be change

Why i am asking this question is because i don't have 1 and my DC5R is just my weekend car .... A bit aimless or goaless with what i want it for or easy say i want a dc5r but after i have it whats after ????

If you guys care to share it maybe i can find mine and build it that way or it is also good to shared your view and experience with everybody ....

Thanks for the input Guys
    Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

i own a ek9, and i started of stock, enjoyed that for awhile, and as time goes u will need to start replacing parts anyway (shocks,springs,bushes,etc) so just wait and enjjoy ur car for what it is, my car is street car so i change parts accordingly-meaning not to stiff spring rates etc its easy to start this "modifying" journey and get lost with what u want to do. take ur time, work towards one goal, street car or track car...u can get the best of both worlds mate..u can have a stock looking car but capable of taking on the track occasionally and be nice enuff to drive on the street....most important do your research on parts and ask questions!!! cant stress that enuff!!.....happy modifying..
    Last edited by ek9rx; 13-09-10, 02:47 AM.
    Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
    EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
    Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

on my dc5, at first, I wanted a very classy looking sports car - got that with the flush white ep3r wheels. Kinda went a bit more aggresive with the advna rg's, and then i turned my car into a relally tough stanced car, hence the low offset / wide whee;s currently, and with the massive mounts of neg camber, i simulatenously also had my first outing at the track. Really enjoyed it, but felt my coilovers/suspension wasn't firm enough. SO i set myself a goal, to upgrade sway bars, and upgrade coilovers down the track. However i hit a bump and lost my licence, so I put everything on hold until 2011/12 . But i might be selling the DC5 this week?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

i fall into the 3rd category :P
        Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
        Flickr
        my car blog - Have a read
        my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

dc2r, was fully built for the street and can be taken to the track. was the ultimate street warrior and i loved it. till i blew the shit out of my conrod. so now its going through a k20/k24 fully built block(flicks old block built by drhonda) and again it will visit the track but also be that street warrior it once was again! comfortable enough to drive on the street and sexy enough to be seen, and fast enough on the track. thats how i like it only thing is semi's are costing me abit too much to run on the street

Comment

My ultimate goal is to participate in the 2012 Merdeka Millennium 12 hour endurance race which is held at the Sepang circuit in Malaysia. I've got lots to do to get my car ready for that.

I think i even might join IPRA next year, but we'll see how it goes

Comment

My Goal = to pickup car sluts who like black & shiny things!

leather interior helps

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                My Goal = to pickup car sluts who like black & shiny things!

leather interior helps
                Hahaha since Tony has this goal we divert a little ....
                Do girls actually go for guys with nice car as part of the reason ????
                What your thinking about that

And for me i think nice cars to girls are BMW ,Mercedes Ferrari etc . all the luxury cars and not cars like ours ..... <---- agree to that ....

Btw Tony That is a nice Goal
                Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

Comment

Goals for the car have changed a fair bit during the course of ownership...

But at the moment it is to have the car at a standard that I would be proud to enter it into a car show and featured in a magazine (Or online blog)... I grew up attending Auto Salon and reading Hot 4's, I actually attended the first Auto Salon in Brisbane in 1998... so even though I'm not into the sex spec thing, and hate body kits, I still want to have a nice looking car that people comment about.

Once I've done the above I'll turn the car into a track hack

Originally posted by kelvinlow82 View Post

And for me i think nice cars to girls are BMW ,Mercedes Ferrari etc . all the luxury cars and not cars like ours ..... <---- agree to that ....

If you need a car to get the chicks, you must have some problems... and I've met Tony in person, and he needs all the bloody help he can get!!

lol... Jks Tony

Comment

Most girls I know, and knew in the past would go for the guy that was confident and successful. They wouldn't give two shits about his car. If only I knew that before blowing stupid amounts of cash on multiple cars.

Comment

I have never set a specific goal with my car, when I first had it I was content to leave it stock but a few years ago I hit the track and ever since track performance has been the goal. And fitting as much wheel and tyre under it as possible. If I had to state a specific goal it would be to have a moderately fast, reliable, street registered car that I can take to the track once a month or more with minimal maintenance and effort. Then park it and leave it until the next track day.

Recently I have been thinking of abandoning this goal, cleaning up the car a bit and retiring it from the track.

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                      Most girls I know, and knew in the past would go for the guy that was confident and successful. They wouldn't give two shits about his car. If only I knew that before blowing stupid amounts of cash on multiple cars.
                      Quoted for truth, even having a sweet Type R when I was 17 wasn't enough to attract too much of the elusive lady folk .

Comment

having a nice car doesnt help keep a girl but it can help you put a foot in the door i have found

as for my car, my goals have turned from a nice looking daily into a track worthy daily driver so i aim for the complete balance of function/form and driveability

Comment

currently my goal is to freshen the car up,bushes,paint,mechanical whilist keeping it completley standard and in very good order i want to show her in a oem capacity as i know alot modify theres so having a standard one at a show to compare to would be cool plus i think they are very good capable cars from the factory.

but at a later stage i may do a few breathing mods whilist keeping the standard epquipment so i can return her stock.

Comment

[QUOTE=stevan;180371]having a nice car doesnt help keep a girl but it can help you put a foot in the door i have found
                            i generaly found my 48 inch penis helped!!

Comment

Depends on which demographic of ganga you try to tackle, if your going for the young ambitious wog chicks just outta high school or even still in high school a car definantly helps, its like the initial draw card in a way, if your gonna go for someone aged mid 20's then your gonna need a little more help than your car but lets be honest here if your picking up chicks with your car you only really want 1 thing

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                              Goals for the car have changed a fair bit during the course of ownership...

But at the moment it is to have the car at a standard that I would be proud to enter it into a car show and featured in a magazine (Or online blog)... I grew up attending Auto Salon and reading Hot 4's, I actually attended the first Auto Salon in Brisbane in 1998... so even though I'm not into the sex spec thing, and hate body kits, I still want to have a nice looking car that people comment about.

Once I've done the above I'll turn the car into a track hack

If you need a car to get the chicks, you must have some problems... and I've met Tony in person, and he needs all the bloody help he can get!!

lol... Jks Tony
                              Robbi Sucks D-c-k

this might be the case were you grew up but its a lil different for some other people

Comment

Working...
                              X