Toda vs Jun vs Spoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLICK View Post
    Or if you really dont know what your doing then just slap on a supercharger and get easy power that way.
    hahahahaha this is true....if you cant beat them, go forced induction
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR HONDA
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Originally posted by 03DC5R View Post
      anyway sorry to the OP...like i said the proof and results are there infront of u...
      proof that US parts are better than jap parts?

i am not sure i follow how you conclude that?
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        proof that US parts are better than jap parts?

i am not sure i follow how you conclude that?
        im not saying better, im saying cheaper with comparable quality and with more gains...this is my own opinion....
        183.2KW ATW
        BUILT BY DR HONDA
        Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Anyways, all im saying is do alot of research before you do any kind of build. We certainly spent alot of time speaking to the guys in the US and we are certainly happy with the direction we are going.

goodluck with your build. Remember its not all about the engine, think about gearing, tyres, suspension etc.
          Last edited by tinkerbell; 11-05-10, 04:45 PM. Reason: removed off topic comment
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by FLICK View Post
            Or if you really dont know what your doing then just slap on a supercharger and get easy power that way.
            When your limited on a budget because what we are doing is just a hobby, whats the need to spend all this money on a built N/A motor when there is good possibility of blowing it up? One blow up with a built motor can cost well over 7k in damages

Whilst with supercharger, one blow will only cost another k24 block from the wreckers and off you go again.

If the OP can afford a built motor with possbile blow-ups then go for it . Always budget for the worst case scenario
            Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

The tyres, suspension/handling have already been taken care of. Gearing will be changed once i ship it off. so the next step is the engine.

I've been talking with Adrian from toda, Joshua at proconcept, and even workshops in malaysia, to try and find the easiest transition/availability of parts from here and there. So if anything goes wrong with the car, i'll be able to source parts locally, and not have to order them in. This is one of the reasons i'd like to stick to japanese parts, coz not many workshops in malaysia carry parts from the US.

Comment

um, wouldn't you build it in Malaysia, if you are racing it in Malaysia?
                ... retired/

Comment

I would, but from my experience, the attention to detail here is much higher and the workshops here are more professional, with less chances of, excuse my french, a fuck up. labour is cheap there, so people don't mind repeated trips to the workshop. But i like to get it done once, and done right.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    um, wouldn't you build it in Malaysia, if you are racing it in Malaysia?
                    Yeh thats what i would think as well

STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonS View Post
                      I would, but from my experience, the attention to detail here is much higher and the workshops here are more professional, with less chances of, excuse my french, a fuck up.
                      so you already have a builder, you just want to confirm a brand?

well - what does your builder/tuner recommend?

or is the workshop brand agnostic and that is why you are asking here?
                      ... retired/

Comment

its a toss up between Jun and Toda as of now. I just found out that Spoon's internals are basically stock.

I wanted to find out from you guys if you had any experience with either jun or toda parts.

Comment

i'd run a JUN head, with Toda piston's and Crower rods (or Toda rods if they make them for K20A). JUN pistons are quite a bit heavier, and are designed to be able to handle Turbo applications. Toda piston's are cheaper aswell. Just my 2 cents. This is how I was going to do my engine. Every engine builder I spoke to said it was a great combo and it would be an exciting build.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                          Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

So Eddie.. since you're an awesome steerer.. have you decided yet?
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

PM timofytit as he got a fully built engine with toda internals. He done countless trackdays over the last 2 years and the engine is still going strong.
                              CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                                So Eddie.. since you're an awesome steerer.. have you decided yet?
                                Lol, far from it, i'm still learning how to drive my car properly.

On the deciding bit, i have decided to fix up my car on the handling department first, as i've found out from the last few trackdays that there's still some things that i have to deal with before i start modding the engine. But it's still happening

I'm think i've pretty much decided to get toda internals, but as i've said, i have to sort out the rest of my car before i do so.

Comment

Working...
                                X