Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toda vs Jun vs Spoon

Hello,

I'm looking to start work on my engine before i ship my car off at the beginning of 2011. I've already covered the handling and am now looking for power.

I'm trying to make a full track car and was wondering which company i should go for for my internals.

I'm going to do the works, changing cams, intake mani, pistons, valves, TB, basically everything.

So, any help from people that have used the said companies would be much appreciated.

I drive a DC5

thanks

i would go with a k20/24 and use parts from the US....will end up with way more power/torque...i recommend toda cams (spec c/d)...i think you should speak to phill aka dr honda...australia's number one k series builder. pm me if u want his details...he will be more than happy to help
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR HONDA
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I'm actually planning to race the car in malaysia in mid 2011/2012, so parts from the US wouldn't be ideal for me as Jun, Toda and spoon parts are readily available in malaysia should i need replacement or further modifications. Also looking for power & reliability more so then all out power.
      I'm also looking to mod the engine with one brand ie all jun or all toda.

thanks

Comment

Speak to Jun or Toda and ask for sponsorship!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

ah ok..so the car is in malaysia right now? as for reliability....i have a fully built k20/24 built by dr honda in my dc5r...been in there for a year and i take it drag racing and use it as daily (and trust me i dont drive it around like a granny lol) still going strong and have had NO issues with it at all...i dont see why u want it to be all toda/jun...
          183.2KW ATW
          BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

no no, the car is here in sydney, but shipping off at the beginning of 2011

Comment

The reason for all one make, is because i tend to like to stick to one, and not mix and match.

Comment

you have pm
                183.2KW ATW
                BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

No one here in Australia has proven to build anything reliable with alot of power from a N/A motor. If you like your Japanese brand products, Toda Japan, JUN etc has proven through over the years of racing they have a very well sorted engine package. As for budget, dont expect it to come cheap, set aside 15k-20k for the engine package

On the other hand, there is alot of good engine builders in the US. Check out k20a.org. Niko's on k20a.org has a wealth of experience with the K-series motors. There are many like him who has done well with the K-series engines. If i was to get a properly built K-series, it will definately be one from the US. Prices are very fair with alot of good resources

Do your research, talk to people, do more research and make your decision. Visit k20a.org, that website has an alot of information on the K-series. Its much more informative than any of the forums here in Australia
                  BYP Racing & Developments
                  Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                  STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

[QUOTE=Do your research, talk to people, do more research and make your decision. Visit k20a.org, that website has an alot of information on the K-series. Its much more informative than any of the forums here in Australia[/QUOTE]

Agreed! K20a.org is the MECCA of k series information.

Comment

JUN, just cos it's awesome...

Originally posted by ChargeR
                      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I'll look into k20a.org.

As it stands now, i am leaning a bit towards JUN, as one of the mechanics from proconcept used to work for them, and knows their parts inside out. But not wanting to jump the gun, i'll still be doing my research on what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                          No one here in Australia has proven to build anything reliable with alot of power from a N/A motor. If you like your Japanese brand products, Toda Japan, JUN etc has proven through over the years of racing they have a very well sorted engine package. As for budget, dont expect it to come cheap, set aside 15k-20k for the engine package

On the other hand, there is alot of good engine builders in the US. Check out k20a.org. Niko's on k20a.org has a wealth of experience with the K-series motors. There are many like him who has done well with the K-series engines. If i was to get a properly built K-series, it will definately be one from the US. Prices are very fair with alot of good resources

Do your research, talk to people, do more research and make your decision. Visit k20a.org, that website has an alot of information on the K-series. Its much more informative than any of the forums here in Australia
                          what do u mean by reliable? like i said...i've put over 10,000 kays worth of hard driving into my motor, and its stronger than ever...and didn't have a single problem with it! i don't know what it is with u guys and hating on phill...but its un-justified and just plane bullshit....look at phill's old setup in his eg...trapped 126mph! thats up there even with the 10 second na cars in the states and im sure their cars were lighter than his...
                          183.2KW ATW
                          BUILT BY DR HONDA

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

No one in AUS has push the boundaries of a K series motor, do you agree?
                            BYP Racing & Developments
                            Built. Tuned. Driven
                            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                              No one in AUS has push the boundaries of a K series motor, do you agree?
                              No one in Australia has been prepared to spend that kind of money. It's easy to get 180kW from K series engines. But working the higher numbers involves bigger costs that we're not quite prepared to do here.

Would you guys spend $30k on a high output/unstable set up? $10k mild set ups with 180-190kW is where I'm comfortable. I'm sure you agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X