Speaker Upgrade questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
    autobarn in blacktown... i was a car audio and security installer... and no i havnt heard of avis
    Says alot.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
      Says alot.
      whats your occupation ?

Comment

He means that by working in Autobarn that its clear that you would have never heard of AVI's before.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by justinfox
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
          He means that by working in Autobarn that its clear that you would have never heard of AVI's before.
          i dont think he ment it that way..im gettin the impression he is questioning my work quality

Comment

last Christmas eve I picked up 2 pairs of Pioneer speakers TS-G1642R ($79.00) and TS-A1673S ($135.00) for $149 for the pair!!!! at JB-HiFi and they were perfect for the DC2R, but one word of caution, you will need to bend the tabs back for the mounts, these are designed for both 6-1/2 inch and 6 inch (2 sets of mounting holes) otherwise the screw holes dont line up, it took a while for me to figure that out haha

Remember a Type R is low weight, no use putting Dynamat in, or a big sub for that matter, a nice pair of rear mounting 6x9 with a small footprint amp will give you a great sound without adding heaps of weight to the car.

I have a pair of Kenwood speakers that mount on the parcel shelf without need for drilling big holes, they have their own enclosures with the speakers angled forward, these are lighter than most 6x9's I have had and put out a great sound (and the Kenwood badging can be wired to light up!) I will check what model they are, no idea if they are available here as they came from a friend who imports JDM halfcuts and bits

Cheers, Chris

Comment

1 - I want to get a 7inch HU with features such as DVD, MP3, Divx, Sat nav, Bluetooth. Which manufacturer/product would you recommened
              Pioneer makes one with all the stuff that you need... quite pricey if i remember correctly (more than 2k?)

2 - I want to upgrade my front and rear speakers. I dont know the sizes for these speakers, so before i even begin looking at new ones i need to know this. Also who is the leader in the speaker quality these days? Pioneer?
              Boston, Focal, AVI are good quality..... listen to them inside a car and choose which one you like the best. Sound boards in the shop can be very different once you put those speakers inside your car.

3 - I dont want a sub at the moment due to loss of boot space. but might get one later on, would this be achievable?
              Yeah you can, but prolly best if you do all at once. If you do them later on you might need to change your setup e.g. Amps. Nowadays, there are subbies with Neodynium(sp?) magnet and they pretty much smaller in size with same performance although i have no personal experience with them

4 - would it be a good idea to get a amp to power the aftermarket speakers at the moment?
              if you gonna change your current speakers later on, buy your amps when you wanna upgrade.. Or, decide what speaker you wanna get later on, get the amp for that speaker.. run it and kill your current speaker with it and upgrade :P

Comment

hey guys

thanks for all the help.

i got a DVD player in mind which im going to purchase.

Now i need to know how hard it would be to install.

For example

would all the cables line up with the dvd players cables?

anyone know any DIY on the net on removing stock HU?

cheers boys
                Blaze Orange

Comment

Burak;

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=685249
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

i used Lifestyle in Northmead for my install, they are a bit more expensive but have awesome quality equipment, if i were to buy some splits id go with MB Quartz from Germany, they are insane

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      nice link mate

Comment

Working...
                      X