Civic EK9 conversion or DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dynosaur View Post

If u really plan to use EK4 to do the conversion , I suggest u go to do the chasis strengthening by race car preparation specialize b4 the conversion begin. It will be better to u & ur car in long term.
    For a B18C drop in? How much torque do you think it has? There's doing a correct swap and then there's ridiculous overkill. To which I'd file this suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      GSi's are DC4, not DC2.... only VTiR and Type R are DC2 ....
      Oh !? really ? don't DC4 means integra with 4 doors ? coz sometime I surf the JDM cars auctions in Japan they also states the "4 doors DC2" as DC4.

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
      even then the Type R has quite a few changes over VTiR.
      Yeah , I knew it
      Last edited by dynosaur; 06-09-08, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
        For a B18C drop in? How much torque do you think it has? There's doing a correct swap and then there's ridiculous overkill. To which I'd file this suggestion.
        who knows the owner may upgrade the engine performence again ?

Ofcourse we knew the stock engine performence wouldn't have such high torques, but the people in down under here love to "turbo+VTEC"

the thread starter willing to spend 20K on EK9 B18C conversion or DC2R, it may means he is target on "performence".

therefore, the chassis strengthening process may need if the owner in future target on further higher horsepowers (ex: 500hp+ )

Comment

Originally posted by dynosaur View Post
          Oh !? really ? don't DC4 means integra with 4 doors ? coz sometime I surf the JDM cars auctions in Japan they also states the "4 doors DC2" as DC4.

Yeah , I knew it

4 door jdm front front integra's are known as DB8's
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

dynosaur, speak english

Nobody said anything about turbo here. dynosaur, you are going completely off topic here.

At the end of the day, to upgrade an EK4 to DC2R performance would cost more than to buy a DC2R to begin with... even if you achieve performance better than a DC2R you will still only have a modified EK4 with less resale value than a DC2R. To sum it up, value for money, stock DC2R is the complete balanced package. Even with a K20A in your EK4, you still need brakes, suspension, bushes, swaybars, etc to complete the overall package. Not to mention insuring something like that comprehensively would be a total nightmare... Especially for <25yo.
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

dc2r.
              saves you having to fcuk around with engine swaps which are always messy unless you are a mechanic or very mechanically-able with lots of time and $ to do a conversion properly. my 2c.
              "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Well guys thanks for every1's advice, I've decided to go ahead with the project EK9. Will let u guys know how I go but first I will need to get myself a car.

cheers
                Last edited by GO_VTEC; 06-09-08, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X