No announcement yet.

Civic EK9 conversion or DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTiR also comes with disc brakes at the back (CXi has drums). So you can save yourself a few grand there and just upgrade pads, rotors and lines... instead of the entire units.

unless you wanna upgrade to "sik" 5-stud.

Comment

lol the cxi is lightest one without all those power options, etc thats if u can live with wind up windows, etc haha

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        no.

the CXi = shit level spec...

to OP, patience is your friend.. sooner or later the right vehicle will turn up..
        a mate of mine searched and searched for almost 8months before he found his current DC2R. But if your impatient like me, then go ahead and purchase an EK and start your project

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
          A good friend of mine has a 180 with a RB20 in it with fair bit of work done to it (eg, coilovers, Recaro's, bigger turbo, cams, ECU etc) and he has it insured just fine... oh he is also 21.
          An RB20, sure. But to tell someone you're putting an RB26 into your car is a completely different story. Rebuilds can cost upwards of $14k too. And they do need them. The RB26 is a bulletproof engine but the years of stress put on these highly strung engines can cause damage to the best of engines.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
            An RB20, sure. But to tell someone you're putting an RB26 into your car is a completely different story. Rebuilds can cost upwards of $14k too. And they do need them. The RB26 is a bulletproof engine but the years of stress put on these highly strung engines can cause damage to the best of engines.
            But I thought teh GTR can nevar lose.
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by wu` View Post
              lol the cxi is lightest one without all those power options, etc thats if u can live with wind up windows, etc haha
              I hate my wind up windows now

Comment

He wants to build a EK... from scratch... that is no "cheap" venture it itself. I was using the RB26 as an example, as this guy seems like he has a bit of coin, but a 20 or 25 would good as well. If he already has the base car (180sx)... and if he is capable of doing the transplant himself (my friend did most of the transplant/mods himself) its not going to cost that much... and is going to acheive alot better results then putting a B18 into a EK.

Also doing a 14k rebuild to a RB26 would make it one powerful RB26... would probably be able to get a full 2.8L stroker kit for that kinda money.

Comment

My Nissan 180sx is running a SR20 with full internal and external mods, upgraded my brakes to rotor disk and brembo brakes, twin plate clutch, 3K lightweight flywheel, last time car made 303rwkw atw with 21 psi, didn't want to push the car any futhur due to gearbox cant handle any more power so the car still have a fair bit of work to do but i've decided not to work on it anymore till I get my full license....also still got the interior works to be done. Turbo cars can really gives u headace, so thats why i decided to build an NA cars for now. DC2r and EK9 both cars are amazine, So people lets just get back to the topic, DC2r or EK9 conversion?????

Comment

Farking hell.

EK9 = Civic Type R
                    EK4 = Civic VTiR
                    EK1 = Shit Spec

EK9 conversion I assume you want an EK9 + B18C (as opposed to B16B)

Not some EK4 with a fast motor. The WHOLE package.

Lets talk apples with apples. Not oranges... or pears... or bananas even. This thread makes me go bananas.

Just buy a bloody DC2R and be done with it.
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

maybe EK9 because not much in australia, more special then the dc2r

Comment

LOL

EK9 STILL being raced. They're the exact same chassis, just like DC5 and EP3.

Also, less conspicuous and lower insurance rating. Easier to find a nice, neat looked after one.
                        LOL

DC2R & EK9 obviously are 2 different body structure & chasis designs.

How could u said DC5 & EP3 are using the same chasis !?

If same chasis , means I can strip out all the panels surrounding of DC5 panels and bolt-on those EP3 surrounding panels into my DC5.

you are using wrong example , dude

Comment

You're paying too much for an EK then. Also, DIY on labour saves money.

I stand corrected. My point was directed towards the fact that apparentley only the DC2 was made for racing.
                          LOL again...

Only DC2-R is made & target for racing . NOT DC2 (Gsi).

there r 2 different type of car.

DC2 GSi is potentially can make for racing but need to do alot of things from chasis strengtening to engine performence upgrade.....etc

DC2 Type-R will be alot easier coz it has been added few more points to increased the body rigidity by Honda & it has been done with "light" ported & polished which DC2 Gsi dun have.

(still have alot of things can compare , but I believe mostky every members in the forum were aready knew it. So , I think I better cut the craps unless u guys ask for it . thanks )

Comment

Why spend the money on an EK9 just to do a B18C conversion on it? Just get an EK4 and use that.
                            LOL again & again

Actually every Type-R model ( DC2-R & EK9 ) aready has been added a few extra chasis supporting points to handle higher power engines ( JDM B18C & B16B )

Of course u still can do the conversion with using EK4 , but i m worry the chasis may not able to handle that high performence engines ( B16B, B18C, K20A ) in long term. In addition , it also depends on the driver attitudes

If u really plan to use EK4 to do the conversion , I suggest u go to do the chasis strengthening by race car preparation specialize b4 the conversion begin. It will be better to u & ur car in long term.

Comment

Originally posted by dynosaur View Post
                              LOL again...

Only DC2-R is made & target for racing . NOT DC2 (Gsi).

there r 2 different type of car.

DC2 GSi is potentially can make for racing but need to do alot of things from chasis strengtening to engine performence upgrade.....etc
                              GSi's are DC4, not DC2.... only VTiR and Type R are DC2 ...

even then the Type R has quite a few changes over VTiR.
                              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Dynosaur quote me once more and you may level up to complete forum dick.

freakygeek could provide the information without sounding like a dick. Maybe take a leaf out of his book. You got DC2-DC4 wrong. Do you see him stamping your posts as "owned"?

Comment

Working...
                                X