Compliancing an EP3 - headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by typercivic View Post
    if they don't put side indicators in how does it pass inspection as isn't it a requirement to have them?
    your question was answered by sai_ANN:

Originally posted by sai_ANN
    the side indicators are not compulsorary...in the FL version the front lights have a little bit of extra plastic that reflect back the light from the blinkers so from the ADR required angle, you can see the front blinker (so no need for side indicators)

Comment

ahh k yeh sorry, must have misread. had a look at pics just then of the headlights on mine and i understand what you mean about the extra bit of plastic in the headlight so side indicators aren't needed.

my issue with taking it for the inspection when i get it is what they will say about the headlights and the xenons. will tell them that it is factory and not aftermarket or just hope they don't pick up on it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by typercivic View Post
        just hope they don't pick up on it at all.
        i'd be very surprised that they will miss it. but who knows....

Comment

Sorry guys...

Ive been looking and it seems that there are a fair few on both carsales and the trading post (from edward lee etc) for ~28ish K..

I noted the price from IMG and it seems about the same... Why are we all waiting...

Is IMG much cheaper after negoiation?

thanks,

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
            Sorry guys...

Ive been looking and it seems that there are a fair few on both carsales and the trading post (from edward lee etc) for ~28ish K..

I noted the price from IMG and it seems about the same... Why are we all waiting...

Is IMG much cheaper after negoiation?

thanks,

I bought my ep3 from IMG too. Nice ppl there

But Edward Lee ppl there were just keep pushing me to buy their car. I felt so uncomfortable with them. Also, i reckon IMG would have better cars than Edward Lee. Anyway, it's just my personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
              i'd be very surprised that they will miss it. but who knows....
              yeh just hoping. I might say to them it was complianced like this and it's factory blah blah

Comment

IMG has been importing cars for over 10 years and over that time they have perfected the quality of cars they now import. They also have lots of scouts in japan looking for the best in the auctions. Seen and been in very quality cars that were purchased from them!!

Comment

I dont recommend Edward Lee. Somebody on Ozhonda bought his ep3 from Edward Lee and is having issues with his headlights and some other stuff.

Also with my HID's i have the HID's from the EU civic. They didnt put in the JDM HID's back in after complying And these EU HID's have scatches on them hehe all good though i would have loved to have the JDM ones *sigh*

Comment

IMG didn't put the factory HID's back in after compliance? I have spoken to Gavin and he said that i keep the projector look headlights but i guess they must take out the HID components and replace it with halogen globes. can anyone confirm?

Comment

If i was to buy a car from IMG that they already had in stock, is there anything else to pay?
                      Apart from rego transfers, insurance etc..

Or is their listed price "drive away, no more to pay"?
                      '99 JDM CW DC2R

Comment

if i'm buying facelifted from a shop, i guess i'd have a clause in the contract to say that i will have my HID/projector HL back at the time of delivery.

Comment

do all jdm ep3's come with air con? was just doing some reading on the cars and saw different weights of cars with and without and got me thinking.

Comment

*shrugs* i still have HID projectors on mine...and i bought them from IMG too...

steve> did IMG say why they didn't give you back your JDM HIDs?
                            I never really realised i didnt have the JDM HID's until a couple of weeks back when i read some posts on ozhonda about some of there Headlights being the EU HID's. My model car wasnt meant for ur HID Projectors Headlights, but im gonna try later on down the track to get my hands on a pair because they look fully sick. Hey u reckon if i call up IMG and ask them if i can grab some JDM Headlights they would b sweet ??

Comment

refer here:

http://www.mycivictype-r.co.uk/ep3-c...fications.html

if you look all the way down the bottom it mentions a C package that includes aircon...it's possible that aircon was an option (not too sure though)...besides...who on earth gets a new car and doesn't get aircon with it nowadays...?!?
                              near the bottom it says auto air con as being standard and i couldn't find anything to do with the C package. i would be devastated if it came across without air con haha

Comment

hahaha no air con ! ! ! yeahhhh riteeeeeee na mate i reckon u should be sweet they should all have air con

Comment

Working...
                                X