Compliancing an EP3 - headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compliancing an EP3 - headaches

I just like to let everyone know it took nearly a year to import and comply my EP3. My EP3 was a test car so its going to take longer than normal but I did not expect 1 year.

Has anyone else had dramas importing one?

the importer i got my car through did a top job. Waited 2 months tops b4 i was behind the steering wheel. They also did all the compliancing and everything.

Comment

supersteve, who did the compliancing on your car?

Comment

I am getting mine through IMG as well so it's good to hear that a lot of people have had good experiences with Andrew and Gavin, seem like top guys. Car lands in oz in about 10 days so i still got some waiting to do.

Comment

There is a good looking secretary at img aswell hehehe

Comment

Wow I never know EP3 price is very competitive in Aus market, looks like I'll be seeing more EP3R from now .

Nice car nonetheless.

Comment

the biggest problem i am anticipating is headlights. i really hope there is a way around the HID.

also i see many complied cars don't have side indicators but many others have. not sure about the rule on this one.

still waiting for my import approval tho. i don't expect to see my car until June.

Comment

Originally posted by sai_ANN
                make sure that you post up pics when you get it!
                will do, the wait is killing me at the moment. i've only got pics of it in Japan after auction and after buying it i realised theres a carbon fibre dash with the air-con vents and door sill as well so must be the kit that honda have now stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                  the biggest problem i am anticipating is headlights. i really hope there is a way around the HID.

also i see many complied cars don't have side indicators but many others have. not sure about the rule on this one.

still waiting for my import approval tho. i don't expect to see my car until June.
                  If it comes with HID's then the compliance shop can just remove them and replace with halogen globes and it will be fine. i thought the face lift model had side indicators in it's side view mirrors so it was fine but the pre-facelift didn't(correct me if im wrong)

Comment

getting an 05 silver one with 27000km. was grade 4.5 so should be good nick.

I guess then alot of the "contentious" compliance issues really just comes down to the workshop then. Does the ep3 have to have side indicators put in then?

Comment

but replacing HID bulb with helogen bulb will need to butcher the wiring which i would like to avoid. will see how it goes.

good info for the side indicator Di, i'll confirm with my workshop. i don't really want a hole on my fender.

regarding side indicators on mirrors. they are euro feature. no JDM spec EP3 have any side indicators, mirrors or fenders.
                      Last edited by felixR; 10-06-20, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by typercivic View Post
                        will do, the wait is killing me at the moment. i've only got pics of it in Japan after auction and after buying it i realised theres a carbon fibre dash with the air-con vents and door sill as well so must be the kit that honda have now stopped.
                        i thought all EP3 has door sills?

i am prepared for the wait. at least yours on the boat. i haven't even got my import approval.

Comment

When compliancing my EP3 we took headlights from a standard Civic and replaced the HID headlight. After it was complied I replaced it back

Comment

did you have to cut any wiring?

Comment

Originally posted by sai_ANN
                              oic...cool...

if you're gonna get it from IMG...then no, they won't put fender indicators on... not sure what other compliancing places are doing though...
                              if they don't put side indicators in how does it pass inspection as isn't it a requirement to have them?

Comment

Working...
                              X