No announcement yet.

DC2R Type R Insurance Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, i must be really lucky. Im 25 now but 24 when insured my DC2R, last year with JUST CAR insurance, i'm a rating 1 and only pay $980 for full comp.

Comment

For those dc2r owners, what is your agreed value? I got my renewal from justcar and it only says 19500 which I think is too low.

Also, does anyone know how much extra (approx) would the premium go up if you put in rims in the policy with justcar? I remember it being 50-80 extra when I did the online quote last year but they don't have that option online anymore.

BTW. Ryno only insures if your car is parked in lock up garage.
      CARSFORHOPE

Comment

This is my quote from Ryno (sum insured for $26000)

Base premium: $1370.72
        Fire Service Levy: $13.71
        Stamp duty: $76.08
        GST: $143.44
        Policy Fee: $50.00
        Policy Fee GST: $5.00
        Gross Premium: $1653.95

I was expecting something a little less compared to all the other quotes of EVOs ($60K), Jon's WRX ($30K).. same age (23ish) with premiums of $12xx to $13xx.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Maybe cos it's an R?

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
            This is my quote from Ryno (sum insured for $26000)

Base premium: $1370.72
            Fire Service Levy: $13.71
            Stamp duty: $76.08
            GST: $143.44
            Policy Fee: $50.00
            Policy Fee GST: $5.00
            Gross Premium: $1653.95

I was expecting something a little less compared to all the other quotes of EVOs ($60K), Jon's WRX ($30K).. same age (23ish) with premiums of $12xx to $13xx.

what yr model is your dc2r felix?

i called up Ryno today and initially they wanted to insure my dc2r for only 18k. we settled on 20k. 2 weeks ago when i rang them up they agreed to 22k. abit weird imo.

My premium is $1720.xx just waiting for them to email me the policy number and documents. they seem to be abit slow.
            LONDA

Comment

Im paying $2000 for my insurance on DC5S. I have an agreed value of $37,400 (purchase price of car). Got the policy when i was 3 weeks shy of turning 25. Very happy about my agreed value, but damn - when i ownded the DC5R and i was 22yo i was paying $1650 with NRMA. I was also paying only $1700 for the R34GTT. Must be the leather and sunroof - hahahaah.... Then again i think i went with mkt value on the DC5R rather than agreed and the GTT was only insured for $20k i think.

Comment

wow interesting man.. mine's a 2000 model
                ClubITR | Like

Comment

Well doing my sums before I purchase a DC2R.. looking @ $1900 with JustCars for a DC2R insured for $24,000 agreed value. Postcode 2176, 23yr old driver with a clean record (in the past 3yrs anyway).

Not bad considering my current ride is costing me $1400 insure and it's a lightly modded family car!
                  David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                  '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                  '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

coming to steal your dc2r when u buy it ! muahaha 2176 here i come !

Anyways I'm turning 20 next month and i've had 2 claims in the past year, and im currently on a nrma policy as a second driver with no claims. Anyways where should i go to look for insurance with a modded dc2r? Just car want 4.4K on a stock one GG. Rather go 3rd party since the car is going to be driven once a week.

Comment

i had a 1999 model DC2-R and it was insured for 19k. i was paying $1650 with just cars.

Comment

Can anyone recommend anyone for insurance with 2 claims at the age of 20 ? Otherwise i'll be going third party yo !

Comment

same here. i'm 19, P plate with a jazz.. i'll be a secondary driver but i want something other than NRMA since i'll be paying (currently using because my dad has heaps of NCB)

mods - coilovers, rims and cat back + a few cosmetic mods.

NRMA is $1700 but doesn't include mods..
                          '07 HONDA JAZZ VTI-S NIGHTHAWK BLACK

Comment

Just FYI being listed as a secondary driver, the primary driver's NCB does not in anyway get carried onto you when you apply for insurance.

When you apply for insurance, you will be listed as a newb (lol sorry, couldn't think of a better word to use). As this is the case with me.

Though NRMA is expensive, they started me off with a rating 2. So I can't wait to move up onto a rating 1 then I can change insurance companies!!

Comment

Would anyone happen to know if i'd be able to insure the vehicle in my parents name but i am the owner of the vehicle? If so insurance would only be like 2k with JCI and 3k with NRMA covering me as well just with super high excess.

JCI only covering up to 18.6k worth and NRMA covering 24K.

Okay i've talked to two people about it so I'll be able to cover my insurance in my parents name even tho the car is owned by me. I'm just not on as a regular driver, so hence if an accident was too occur i can make a claim but with pretty high excess, i think it was around 2k cant remember.
                              Last edited by SPL_K; 21-04-07, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Just got my insurance renewal from Just Cars and vehicle insurance for a type R has apparently jumped from $800 to $1500! WTF..!!

So excess is now $2800 if anything was to happen. *knock on wood*
                                Standard excess - $600
                                Vehicle excess - $1500
                                Age excess (17-24) - $700

That is just insane. I have contacted Ryno insurance as this thread has suggested and apparently they have changed their underwriter last year and are no longer insuring type R's.

Any other ideas guys ??

Comment

Working...
                                X