No announcement yet.

DC2R Type R Insurance Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget that he doesn't live in Sydney.

Comment

Originally posted by .::F[L]Y::. View Post
      steve is that under your name? Cause thats pretty cheap for NRMA
      NRMA just quoted me $1100 for a $28,000 DC5R, 22, 60% NCB.

LOL the benefits of not living in Sydney.

Comment

I find Vigil abit dodgy. I did tried to call up once to get a quote for my Silvia. Quoted me $1200 for a full insurance with all my mods listed. They said all is needed, is to take pics of all the mods i have and in case of accident, they will fix it back to the same as the pics.........sounds dodgy to me!

I find Shannons to be the most responsible pricing. Just Car is just crap. Quoted me $2500 with excess fee of $1800. Agreed value of $18K (And they don't allow me to put up the value) They even told me the market value of a 97 S14a Silvia is $13K and the only reason for giving me 18K is because of my mods.....wtf?? As if one can find a s14a with $13K? Just Car = Just Wrong.
        For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

I never got the "take photos of car/mods thing" from Vigil but I know John did so that's a bit weird...I hope they don't cancel my insurance policy next year if they don't insure integras in NSW anymore...

Comment

yeh i agree with lovesil. Justcars tries to undervalue the car....
            LONDA

Comment

Damn... my plan was to go with Vigil start of next year... Who do we turn to now?

Comment

Hehehe too slow junior

Though I wonder who we can all turn to now since Vigil won't insure us!! Not that I need to but yeah...

Comment

hmmm when i wen twith vigil with my dc5 they didn;t ask for pics....then when i called to ask for my jazz...they wanted pics to prove i have aftermarket parts on it

z10 says:
                  i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                  z10 says:
                  mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Yeah they didn't ask me for pics either when I went with them...

So are you still with Vigil with your Jazz?

Comment

nope....cos at the time i called i didn;t have the car yet...adn only had parts sitting in the garage...im now with nrma, and plan to go back to vigil next yr

z10 says:
                      z10 says:

Comment

vigil also told me they will not insure any car without an alarm? i was like wtf

z10 says:
                        z10 says:

Comment

I got full comp with RAA (like NRMA RACQ etc) for about $800

Rating 1, 24yo
                          www.steve-o.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
                            vigil also told me they will not insure any car without an alarm? i was like wtf
                            For me, Vigil won't accept a claim if I don't have a 3point immobiliser installed and receipt to prove so I got that done right after I went with them

Comment

Originally posted by Steve-O View Post
                              I got full comp with RAA (like NRMA RACQ etc) for about $800

Rating 1, 24yo
                              sydney doesn't look very attractive anymore....

Comment

I rang vigil one month ago, they wouldn't give me a quote as I didnt have an existing policy under my name... so I went and got a quote from Just car.. rang them 3 weeks later, and then they gave me another reason -

They wouldn't insure me because my car isn't a weekend car, and I haven't owned a classic car before. WTF, this is for a civic vtir..

I'll try torque out soon

Comment

Working...
                                X