No announcement yet.

CTR wheels comparo test 0-100 time revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the CTR... i got to drive it at EC for about 5 laps or so...

the heavier weight made the change of direction a little harder than older type Rs, but other than that there was plenty of grip, and the overall feel was good. good steering too... one of the best electronic racks ive used

traction was easy with the VSA or whatever its called, and was relatively unobtrusive if smooth.. cuts in like a MF if you try and throw it around, which isnt fast anyway

when you turn of the VSA the rear can come around a little which was good, but traction is purely right foot modulation.. spins the inside quite easily which is to be expected

the engine was quite alright too, the early vtec does make a difference and gives you those extra 600 revs, which is heaps..

i dont think i hit 6th down the straight, which is probably due to caution, cos 6th is 190km/h if im right??... should be able to top that at EC i feel

overall a good car! i would love one as a daily... definately not a race car but drives well on the circuit... very comfy =D

Comment

Yeah one of my mates has a black CTR.

I love them from the front, very nice look to them. But when it comes to the rear and especially the exhausts it’s not too appealing.

The one thing that is awesome is the interior. Feels like you’re in the cockpit of a plane. The controls are all wrapped around you. Love the V-tec and shift light (just to let you know when V-tec kicks in )

I'm interested in finding out what DC5R's, DC2R's, and EK3's do 0-100 just as a comparison. Can anyone enlighten us?
      sigpic
      [GH-05-TR]

Comment

Originally posted by fueltank View Post
        0-100 doesn't really interest me for a Type-R because that is not the focus of the car.

Would be more interesting to see things such as cornering speed or G's pulled on stock tyres
        no pt having the most balanced car in the world and only being able to do the quarter in 19sec

Project: Machine myself a heavy gear knob

Comment

review from drive

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=41617

z10 says:
          i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
          z10 says:
          mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
            I laughed when I saw Drive suggest that it's a BAD thing that there is no Auto available.

I think it's a bloody fantastic thing people can't choose an Auto.

(apologies to those who can only drive autos through no choice of their own)
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

lol when people ask me is your car an auto, i reply
              "Does it look like it comes in an auto?"

Comment

Originally posted by BlitZ View Post
                no pt having the most balanced car in the world and only being able to do the quarter in 19sec
                That's just like MX5, and there's millions of people loving it for loving its balance over its straightline weakness

Originally posted by tofu View Post
                lol when people ask me is your car an auto, i reply
                "Does it look like it comes in an auto?"
                What if they answered "No, its not the car. Its you who looks like you are a auto kinda person" jking jking
                Last edited by lovesil; 15-08-07, 04:42 PM.
                For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Originally posted by lovesil View Post
                  What else they answered "No, its not the car. Its you who looks like you are a auto kinda person" jking jking
                  LOL i did own a auto dc5 before my typeS....

Comment

^same here

z10 says:
                    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
                    z10 says:
                    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Well i am a "it's a manual or its a famliy car" type of person but HAVE to drive an auto (which i am impressed with shift points an smoothness). I would seriously think about getting any civic type r if they came with sequential or at least automatic transmissions and i am sure there would be plenty more people. If auto + type r are not to be mixed at least a half powerful auto would be tops
                      F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                        from a down hill with a very strong wind blowing in the direction the car is travelling. LOLOLOL

hahaha, i can just imagine them setting that up, Dont forget the 911 Turbo coincidently placed infront for slipstream of any oncoming breeze
                        I did a bad bad thing.....

Comment

Working...
                        X