Camber issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber issues?

Hey guys, I recently installed coil overs.
    As you would expect the toe went completely out..
    I got a wheel alignment and the screen was showing
    2 degrees of camber on the Right side
    And not even 1 degree of camber on the left.
    I've got camber bolts in both sides which are maxed so I have no idea why one side is significantly less than the other..
    Any ideas guys? Thanks
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Are the tabs on your camber bolts installed correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
      Are the tabs on your camber bolts installed correctly?
      I'm not too sure about the tabs? But I'm pretty sure they are
      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Just confused as to why they are both maxed but one side has more than the other..
        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Is the coil over even. different ride height will affect camber!

Also the guy doing the wheel aligment should have adjusted them evenly. Rather then both on max. he should have left the left one maxed. So it stays at its 1 degree. And bring the right in abit . so there the same camber. regardless the bolt position. movement in old bushing gives play and puts the camber out!
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Have you ever had a previous alignment in the car with stock suspension? If so, how were the readouts like?
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Is the coil over even. different ride height will affect camber!

Also the guy doing the wheel aligment should have adjusted them evenly. Rather then both on max. he should have left the left one maxed. So it stays at its 1 degree. And bring the right in abit . so there the same camber. regardless the bolt position. movement in old bushing gives play and puts the camber out!
              Yeah, the height of the coilovers on both sides are the same. That's what I thought, will be trying a different place tomorrow.

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
              Have you ever had a previous alignment in the car with stock suspension? If so, how were the readouts like?
              I haven't had a previous alignment since I got the car, this was my first one
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

It will never be 100% even, but did you check your camber tops? (If you have them too)

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                  It will never be 100% even, but did you check your camber tops? (If you have them too)
                  Yeah I've heard that's the case but, it's so un even that you can clearly see it when you look at the car..
                  Haven't got camber tops
                  S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

I reckon the place you took it to has no idea about doing wheel alignments if they left the camber 2 degrees one side and 1 degree the other side.
                    A lot of places these days do what is called a "TOE AND GO" which means they only adjust the toe and send you on your way.. I recommend finding another wheel aligner that will do a full and proper job and if there is an issue they will fix or recommend a fix for the alignment issue..
                    But be aware some places do what is called a "SPEC ALIGNMENT" where they wont do a precise alignment, but as long as it is within spec tolerences..
                    You can request specific specs which they should be able to set it to..
                    We do old school classics, custom and race/rally/drift cars at work and can accomodate a customers personal preferences to alignment specs..
                    sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

What kind of coilovers do you run? I would've though all aftermarket coilovers comes with front camber tops.
                      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                        What kind of coilovers do you run? I would've though all aftermarket coilovers comes with front camber tops.
                        Not all aftermarket struts come with adjustable tops..
                        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by ZIPPIE Type-S View Post
                          Not all aftermarket struts come with adjustable tops..
                          I thought all aftermarket 'coilovers' for the dc5/ep3 come with front adjustable camber tops.
                          1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Not all but most sellers will add the camber tops into the prices
                            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
                              Not all but most sellers will add the camber tops into the prices
                              Usually at an extra cost yea Josh??
                              sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Working...
                              X