Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator bent?

Hey guys
    I've recently found a potential problem with my car.
    The other day when testing wheels my friend used his jack to jack up my car but thought the jacking point was the same as the ep3
    We didn't realise so we jacked it up and now I've noticed that it may have bent the radiator

I first noticed it when we closed the bonnet and it wasn't flush.. ^
    Also when you click the button to open the bonnet normally there's a noise to tell that it's open and now there isn't which means it obviously isn't sitting right

So I checked the radiator

As you can see its clearly bent.

Just wondering if you guys think it's a problem that should be dealt with straight away or not, thanks guys
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Re: Radiator bent?

Oh noe, not the jdm dc5 D: not really big problem if ur not fussed about it sitting flush, as long as its not cracked and leaking
    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
    NSEX

Comment

Re: Radiator bent?

Talk to DanR on here... he had the same issue and he DIYd a fix with his dad.

Damn that's some rusty shit. Hit it with a lick of paint if you get the chance haha. Sorry if that sounds offensive... it isn't meant to be.

Comment

Check out my build thread. The same thing happened to me. I ended up replacing the whole radiator with a mishimoto one however that's not necessary.

You have bent the radiator support which has pushed the hood latch mechanism up. The radiator function has most likely not been effected. To fix it remove the radiator and use something like a piece of wood and mallet to hit the radiator support from the top until its straight again lowering the latch back down. The metal is quite pliable and will bend back quite easily.

It's really annoying when this happens as the radiator is a PITA to remove...
        My Dc5s thread

Comment

Is that the radiator or the A/C condenser?

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
            Talk to DanR on here... he had the same issue and he DIYd a fix with his dad.

Damn that's some rusty shit. Hit it with a lick of paint if you get the chance haha. Sorry if that sounds offensive... it isn't meant to be.
            Na all good haha, it is really rusty! ill see what i can do about it tomorrow
            Originally posted by DanR View Post
            Check out my build thread. The same thing happened to me. I ended up replacing the whole radiator with a mishimoto one however that's not necessary.

You have bent the radiator support which has pushed the hood latch mechanism up. The radiator function has most likely not been effected. To fix it remove the radiator and use something like a piece of wood and mallet to hit the radiator support from the top until its straight again lowering the latch back down. The metal is quite pliable and will bend back quite easily.

It's really annoying when this happens as the radiator is a PITA to remove...
            Thanks Dan, I remember reading over your thread a while ago and noticing it, but ill take a look again as i will be trying to straighten it at home tomorrow..
            Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Is that the radiator or the A/C condenser?
            Ill be able to determine it tomorrow, ill keep you guys updated if im having any problems.
            S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

That thing you posted pictures of is the AC condenser, but the radiator might be tweaked too. Tell your mate that the jack point for the EP3R and the DC5R is exactly the same at the front, so his excuse is pretty poor! Just take Dan's advice and do some DIY panel beating, as he says the radiator supports are quite flimsy.

Comment

Working...
              X