No announcement yet.

Swapping to a JDM DC5R cluster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think winding back clusters in NSW is illegal. However, if you want to be on the legal side but use the new cluster, I'd suggest the following:

In NSW, if you change clusters midway through the year.
    - You should have a receipt for the cluster detailing the number of KMs on the new cluster.
    - This is provided to the mechanic who does your annual pink slip. This proves that the cluster is swapped and not wound.
    - He will then update on RTA records that the cluster was replaced at X time, and log the new readings.

So for those wanting to use the JDM cluster, I don't think you need to go to all the trouble to wind the kilometres back/forward. Collect evidence and timestamped photos. That way, no one is doing wrong and when you sell your car, everything is transparent.
    Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
    Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
    Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Re: Swapping to a JDM DC5R cluster

That sounds good too xD but ill just do what flippit did :P less hassle, even though it has a price
      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
      NSEX

Comment

I bought Adwin's car with a JDM cluster in it...

Cluster read 50,000ks but he was honest and told me that the car has roughly 110,000.

I don't see an issue with having one with low k's on it, as long as you dont try and screw anyone when you sell it.

Comment

Working...
        X